Gig Cart

ezkahuna

Anyone have a good recommendation for a wheeled cart? I am done carrying my gear! Haha! Looking for something sturdy but light weight that folds ups. I have a Mesa Boogie Lonestar w/extension cabinet, pedal board, bag-o-cables, & mics/stands. My motto is that I am too poor to buy cheap. I can only afford to buy things once.

I use one of those heavy-duty sets of "wheels" (flat rolling dolly) you can pick up at Lowes or Home Depot (25-40.00, I think) ...and I attached a strap at two corners for lifting up steps...
I use a heavy duty tool bag for all my starps, strings, tuner, batteries, etc...

Anyone have a good recommendation for a wheeled cart? I am done carrying my gear! Haha! Looking for something sturdy but light weight that folds ups. I have a Mesa Boogie Lonestar w/extension cabinet, pedal board, bag-o-cables, & mics/stands. My motto is that I am too poor to buy cheap. I can only afford to buy things once.

I like that "I am too poor to buy cheap." line. I'm going to start using that.
I've got one of those folding cart things here at the office and I don't have anything nice to say about it.
And for those of you who have one, a word of caution to watch your fingers when opening and closing it that you keep all your fingers attached to your hand.

Finally... regarding the OP, I have started making a mental note of the kinds of setups that I see being used in some really big shows.
Most recently I saw Edge with a VOX AC30 strapped to the top of a rolling crate or something.
I've also seen 4x12 speaker cabinets which sit down into a padded case of their own. The whole cover is unlatched and removed while the cabinet remains in a rolling tray for the show.
Another band had a large rolling cabinet which had a bunch of padded cubby holes with multiple 100W heads and rack mounted effects. No unpacking required, just remove the cover or open the front door of the cabinet, plug everything in and you are ready to rock. I can see myself building a custom made (small) rolling gig cart at some point in the future.

ezkahuna;154347Yes said:
There were no 80s. There were the 70s...and the 90s...I'm not sure what happened in between, I was too busy raising children.

There were no 80s. There were the 70s...and the 90s...I'm not sure what happened in between, I was too busy raising children.

Same here, I was in school, getting married and having babies...

I have very little recollection of the "Hair Band" era. And for that, I'm grateful...

Where did the 80s go?
They say the memory is the second thing to go. But I digress,
With a cart, I'd avoid pneumatic tires. (those that require air.) I've got a great cart from Sam's Club, except the tires are always flat when I need it.
Larger wheels are better, because sooner or later, you're going to cross cables or lumps and lifting the cart is no fun.

*Know how they're sure there's no life on Mars?" They sent an audio cable up and after a week it had no footprints on it, so that proves there's no living beings.

Last edited:
Back