Gig Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I answered this more than 20 posts back.

No you didn't. You said you modified the guitar - which makes it impossible to return. You did NOT explain why you decided to modify the guitar instead of returning it. Perhaps you didn't notice the gig bag missing until after the mod was complete?

What you did say, however, is...

PRS is keenly aware.

So there goes you claim that you're just here to make the manufacturer aware.

not to mention actually facilitating what's going on here.

So now you're implying that you got screwed and that PRS had a hand in it?

PRS customer service told me they do not send their guitars to Guitar Center with the gig bags. I was told by PRS customer service I should return my guitar to Guitar Center and go buy one from another dealer if I wanted the gig bag.

Best advice you'll ever get on this issue. So why didn't you do that? Oh yeah.. because you modified the guitar and can't return it - so now you want PRS to give you a free gig bag.

This is preposterous! Nice response. Nice service.

This is the point where you "ran over my puppy". What's "preposterous" is your complete lack of personal responsibility.

1) You bought a guitar without reading the details. This one is easy to forgive because even I thought all SE's came with a gig bag.
2) Instead of returning the guitar when it showed up, you modified it. Now you own it.
3) Then you come on here as a noob and try to use this community (something I happen to love) to bully PRS into giving you a gig bag so you'll go away?

No one expects you (or anyone else) to come on here and kiss up to PRS. But to come one this forum and blame other people for your own decisions? Come on man...

I just expect PRS to make good on those things PRS says are included with their guitars.

You expect PRS to give you a gig bag when you should expect the dealer to send you what you paid for. And since GC never sold you a gig bag, you're using this community to try the bully route instead of owning your own decisions.

BTW... Did I run over your new puppy or something?

Since you asked... they're healthy but I'll be sure to keep them away from the road while you're around.

Look how much they've grown since September!

puppies_zpse101475d.jpg

puppies2_zps286b7f60.jpg

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;75473 said:
No you didn't. You said you modified the guitar - which makes it impossible to return. You did NOT explain why you decided to modify the guitar instead of returning it. Perhaps you didn't notice the gig bag missing until after the mod was complete?

What you did say, however, is...

So there goes you claim that you're just here to make the manufacturer aware.

So now you're implying that you got screwed and that PRS had a hand in it?

Best advice you'll ever get on this issue. So why didn't you do that? Oh yeah.. because you modified the guitar and can't return it - so now you want PRS to give you a free gig bag.

This is the point where you "ran over my puppy". What's "preposterous" is your complete lack of personal responsibility.

1) You bought a guitar without reading the details. This one is easy to forgive because even I thought all SE's came with a gig bag.
2) Instead of returning the guitar when it showed up, you modified it. Now you own it.
3) Then you come on here as a noob and try to use this community (something I happen to love) to bully PRS into giving you a gig bag so you'll go away?

No one expects you (or anyone else) to come on here and kiss up to PRS. But to come one this forum and blame other people for your own decisions? Come on man...

You expect PRS to give you a gig bag when you should expect the dealer to send you what you paid for. And since GC never sold you a gig bag, you're using this community to try the bully route instead of owning your own decisions.

Since you asked... they're healthy but I'll be sure to keep them away from the road while you're around.

Look how much they've grown since September!

puppies_zpse101475d.jpg

puppies2_zps286b7f60.jpg
I came on hear to get advice about an issue with PRS that I am unhappy about. Some people have actually offered sound advice or offered support.
You have chosen to offer nothing helpful. You have instead chosen to go on a diatribe selectively picking apart my words and drawing the conclusion it was was MY fault there was no gig bag shipped with my guitar.
As a child I remember my mom telling me that if you have nothing nice/helpful to say it's often better to say nothing at all. I would offer the same advice to you.

P.S. Beautiful dogs!!

I purchased my SE Soapy II from GC and they had to send it from a different store so it arrived via Fed Ex. It came without a Gig Bag. I was dissappointed. I went to GC and was told they were sold without the bag but I could order one. I didn't pay list price for the SE, so paying for the gig bag was part of getting the reduced price (or so I thought). I purshased an SE gig bag from GC and it arrived at the store and I went and picked it up. If you paid list price for your SE you should approach GC about getting the gig bag too. If you paid the usual % off list you may want to purchase a gig bag as I did.

Hi Chris,

The MSRP for the SE Custom 24 with a gig bag is $1092. If that is what you paid and did not receive a gig bag, you should contact your dealer.

I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back