Getting a Starla

Stunning guitar. Probably my all-time favourite from PRS. I know the looks are divisive, but it's an absolute tone monster.

PRS Guitars UK let it slip on Facebook a few months back that it's probably not going to be in the 2014 catalogue so your timing is good!

Last edited:
Such a great, fun guitar, and the pickups are amazing. I love the cool uber-retro looks. Bigsby?

Yup. I love the look. It is drop dead gorgeous. FedEx says it will be delivered tomorrow. I know how I will be spending my afternoon. Starla plus Blackstar HT60 2x12. So cool.

Nothing looks cooler than a Starla with a Bigsby. Be sure to let us know how you like it!

Took delivery yesterday. The FedEx driver hauled the package up to the door and I took it from there. Played for the next four hours. It is, indeed, an exquisite instrument. With both single coil and humbucker pickups, the guitar itself has many voicings. Combined with the clean and overdrive settings on my amp, there are infinite possibilities. I am bringing it to a jam session this evening.

Back