Fretboard Brazilian Rosewood?

RiverRat

Enjoying the Arizona Desert
I have a 2000 PRS Singlecut. I am not good with looking at wood and determining what it is. And being colorblind browns and reds are also tough.

So here is a couple of pics of the of my guitar. Can anyone tell if the FB is Brazilian rosewood or Indian Rosewood?

Thanks
Jeff

I don't think they were using Braz that year on Singlecuts. I had two from that year, and they were definitely IRW.

In the bridge pickup cavity is a sticker called a MODCAT. There is a code there that will tell you all the details of the guitar. Fretboard wood is one of them. There is a MODCAT decoder here on the forum. My guess is it is IRW.

Yeah, I need to pull my MODCAT. Just thought I would put this up first. Thanks

Yup. It's Indian. I thought is was Emerald Green. But the color on the MODCAT says it is Turquoise.

Yup. It's Indian. I thought is was Emerald Green. But the color on the MODCAT says it is Turquoise.

Emerald Green is a true green, compared to the blue-green of the Turquoise. Emerald Green also usually has a black back and neck; Artist packages (and a few random others, like the CU24 I had) were transparent green.

They also had Teal Black at the time, which is a shade that lives somewhere in-between.

Emerald Green and Turquoise side-by-side:

Emerald Green is a true green, compared to the blue-green of the Turquoise. Emerald Green also usually has a black back and neck; Artist packages (and a few random others, like the CU24 I had) were transparent green.

They also had Teal Black at the time, which is a shade that lives somewhere in-between.

Emerald Green and Turquoise side-by-side:

Nice pair, Garrett.

That seems like a weird thing to say to a guy.

Back