For All Intensive Porpoises....

Got one of these??????

tI3sFg2.jpg

Dude somebody...anybody...please photoshop this thing on one of the JM "leaked pics" ppppplease! I mean it is a singlecoil AND it has a unique 3x3 headstock...C'MON!;)

So Sergio...which ones are you kicking around so far? You know kinda like keep one, paint one sell one..GO!

Surely there is a short list? Or have you reached your guitarvana? Is 2 weeks worth of guitars the final destination for personal fulfillment...well, I mean as far as guitars go anyway? Asking for a friend of course...ya know cause I'm totally content with....no that's a lie...I call bull$h!t on myself....

Maybe a Starla, maybe a Vela... not sure.

Two weeks worth of guitars is obnoxious, honestly. I should consider a different hobby.

Maybe a Starla, maybe a Vela... not sure.

Two weeks worth of guitars is obnoxious, honestly. I should consider a different hobby.

I don't think so at all dude if I think about it, it truly is a relative thing. I feel what you're saying though. I have had some stupid expensive hobbies/vices (hobbies?) That sounds way worse when I type it but...whatta ya gonna do right?

I had a similar discussion with one of my oldest, back in the day party boy buddies the other day, he has 20+ guitars and they range from 2K to 15K. He was feeling a sort of embarrassment of riches...I totally get it. But after we talked about it he made good with it. I pointed out how much I personally remember either of spending, on any given weekend, or i dunno Wednesday what evs... was always excess of a cool G on just "Party Favors" to get the celebration underway...use your imagination, but it was a ridiculously vulgar thing to do, to the point that George Jung's Hoover Vacuum like abilities seemed like that of an untrained armature. For real, I have and I'm almost certain a lot of folks have spent more money than was anywhere near practical on far more wasteful and or dangerous hobbies. I have spent way too much on, you name it over the years and my one real regret is that I don't have that money now to have the kind and or the volume of guitars I would like to. Ehh, shuda, coulda, woulda, live and/ learn all that cliché crap. ...

Was it fun and did we make great memories that we laugh about 20 + years later? Nope. I got out alive and my bud has a severely deviated septum...true story. The rest are just not so proud crazy stories, I've heard on occasion from old friends that usually start with Dude! Do you remember that time...to which I give the same reply, nope I have no idea what you're talking about.

My point is... that it's all relative dude. You enjoy them, you obviously appreciate them, you can coax beautiful sounds from them and they obviously provide an awesome creative outlet for you! That my friend is a healthy practice plus, we all get to enjoy it too! Hearing you or anyone I enjoy listening to, at this stage in my journey is no less than inspiring me to practice and strive to get really good at this before I check out...likely due to bad decisions from my past...if I were to guess. Bottom line is if you love it, you enjoy it and it makes life more enjoyable go ball$ out and do it man! We only get to take this ride once and nobody gets out alive...as long as you got the family responsibilities on lock and it doesn't cause harm, go for it bro! And no matter how many you buy just be glad you don't have to worry about prison or accidental death due to overindulgent behavior...just sayin...buy both keep your nose clean...;) hope my rambling helps in some small way dude! Worth a shot!

Last edited:
I’ve thought about it... but then reality kicks in.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! We have all witnessed your special set of skill's. Isn't it about time for the latest edition of Design on a Dimebag ...Im jonesing for some stripper in the worst way. Hook a brother up mano_O

What about a modification or something? Maybe a simpler tweak will be a spark or nice change of pace?

Alternate solution: learn to play ambidextrously, then you'll need more guitars whether you like it or not. :eek:

ORRRRR, you could keep only one and send me the other days of the weeks and I could ship one per month back to you...now there's an idea...you wouldn't know which one it was gonna be or what day it was coming...just tell yourself Santa(na) is coming, but you don't know wheno_O oooooooo this is exciting...;)

ORRRRR, you could keep only one and send me the other days of the weeks and I could ship one per month back to you...now there's an idea...you wouldn't know which one it was gonna be or what day it was coming...just tell yourself Santa(na) is coming, but you don't know wheno_O oooooooo this is exciting...;)
Kind of like a “wine of the month” club, with guitars!:D

Kind of like a “wine of the month” club, with guitars!:D

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! I think it might possibly one of the best ideas I've had...since...nope, it's the best one I've ever said out loud at least...

Last edited:
Mr. Pete has more vacation than Carter’s got pills. In fact, all vacation belonging to him. :cool: You should hop on an acquisition quickly to keep him entertained. By “him” I mean us...err...me. :oops:

Back