Floyd Rose

mikero

I have a 2010 25th anniversary custom24. Never really cared for stock tremolo. Can I switch to a Floyd Rose? Sometimes when I have my hand on bridge , it will depress ever so slightly and sound out of tune. Will this take care of that? Or can I successfully install a hard tail? Thanks, Mike

I have a 2010 25th anniversary custom24. Never really cared for stock tremolo. Can I switch to a Floyd Rose? Sometimes when I have my hand on bridge , it will depress ever so slightly and sound out of tune. Will this take care of that? Or can I successfully install a hard tail? Thanks, Mike
-Not without a lot of work to the body.
-PRS trem bridges are LESS sensitive to hand rest tuning issues, Floyds are much more susceptible to this. (I suggest you re-evaluate technique)
-No, you cannot slap a hard tail on it & go.

If you don't use the trem you can block off the inner mechanism with some wood, I'm sure there are lots of web articles on that if you google it.
(I blocked off the trem in my 408 because I don't use it)

-PRS trem bridges are LESS sensitive to hand rest tuning issues, Floyds are much more susceptible to this. (I suggest you re-evaluate technique)

If you don't use the trem you can block off the inner mechanism with some wood, I'm sure there are lots of web articles on that if you google it.

Huggy, Thanks so much. I blocked it off with wood and its perfect.

Huggy, Thanks so much. I blocked it off with wood and its perfect.

Great it worked for you and welcome aboard the s.s.PRS, stick around, post, share pics, learn stuff, it's great around here...............................NOW GET DOWN THERE AND SWAB THE DECK!!!

Back