Figured and exotic wood in other than guitars

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
i went to a local artisan’s show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds yesterday. There was lots of work by woodworkers, but this piece especially caught my eye:

Each piece in the walnut frame is webbed together with 600 lb. monofilament. As a result, not only was this piece stunning, it was very comfortable! It wasn’t inexpensive at $3,600.

Very cool. Please don’t send a copy of this to my wife.

I have been looking at some very interesting wood tables. One of the local builders uses a lot of walnut.
i went to a local artisan’s show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds yesterday. There was lots of work by woodworkers, but this piece especially caught my eye:

Each piece in the walnut frame is webbed together with 600 lb. monofilament. As a result, not only was this piece stunning, it was very comfortable! It wasn’t inexpensive at $3,600.

I wouldn't call them figured or exotic, but I have a couple wood bowls that are pretty cool. My uncle made one(not pictured) that I put all my guitar picks in. This shallow one is flipped upside down here:
33794549760_c068e85df1_b.jpg

I wouldn't call them figured or exotic, but I have a couple wood bowls that are pretty cool. My uncle made one(not pictured) that I put all my guitar picks in. This shallow one is flipped upside down here:
The bowl is beautiful. The quilt in the headstock - Meh!

;) Just kidding what a beauty!

There's a bowl in that pic? ;)

Back