Feeling kind of Blue....

Max Headroom

Your Mom rang, can she have her panties back!
I got kind of bored waiting for the "Green one" to arrive (two separate shipping delays due to "weather")
And I saw this in a pawn shop.
And I bought it cos it was blue
And it had the WORST setup of any guitar I have ever laid my hands on.
Literally the adjusters on the bridges were screwed so far in it was hardly held in by much more than will power!
Picture shows the bridge before I adjusted anything so you can get an idea.
And I could drive a bus under the strings like this.
Needless to say its now fixed and it plays and sounds pretty good imho considering the purchase price.
I dont think I can easily remove that cross though without ruining the top?
Oh and a spanky hard case full of goodies to boot, double score!

There’s like, a quarter inch of poly underneath that cross. You should be able to pop it off and clean up with some acetone.

Nice score though! I’d love to find a silver burst one at a pawn shop.
Not quite so sure as it certainly defied moving a mm when I tried to wrestle it off.
Makes me a little nervous to get more brutal just in case....

I got kind of bored waiting for the "Green one" to arrive (two separate shipping delays due to "weather")
And I saw this in a pawn shop.
And I bought it cos it was blue
And it had the WORST setup of any guitar I have ever laid my hands on.
Literally the adjusters on the bridges were screwed so far in it was hardly held in by much more than will power!
Picture shows the bridge before I adjusted anything so you can get an idea.
And I could drive a bus under the strings like this.
Needless to say its now fixed and it plays and sounds pretty good imho considering the purchase price.
I dont think I can easily remove that cross though without ruining the top?
Oh and a spanky hard case full of goodies to boot, double score!

I have a tuner like the one in your picture. Mine is the next model up that is an automatic chronomantic version. I have had the thing for many years. My dad bought it for me along with the first new guitar I ever got when I was in my early teens. It is probably the oldest piece of gear that I own and it still works great. It is accurate enough to set intonation with it. I have set a bunch of guitars up with it. Mine seems more accurate than a lot of today's tuners on the market.

I have a tuner like the one in your picture. Mine is the next model up that is an automatic chronomantic version. I have had the thing for many years. My dad bought it for me along with the first new guitar I ever got when I was in my early teens. It is probably the oldest piece of gear that I own and it still works great. It is accurate enough to set intonation with it. I have set a bunch of guitars up with it. Mine seems more accurate than a lot of today's tuners on the market.
That's good to know.
I have not even looked at it yet to see if it even works.
Sounds like I need to give it a try.
Thank you!

Back