Eric Clapton Tour '22-Europe

Last time I saw Clapton play he was wearing a white linen suit at an outdoor venue in Indy. Next to a bunch of tennis courts! Tickets were less than $20.
My tickets were considerably more than $20:eek:. I'm trying to figure out the multiple! 30?:confused:

Speaking of Eric, he had a rather unpleasant experience that could have affected his ability to play:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9583109/Eric-Clapton-hits-propaganda-vaccine-safety.html

I'm not taking a stance here, just posting the story about Eric's problem...
It's a crock and he's full of it.

He was already suffering from neuropathy before 2016 from decades of drinking and drugs.
https://modernneuropathy.com/eric-c...trate-the-effects-of-alcohol-on-nerve-damage/

It's sad what he's become, between the vaccine skepticism and the racism.

My tickets were considerably more than $20:eek:. I'm trying to figure out the multiple! 30?:confused:
I took my boys to see Van Halen at the first DLR reunion tour and those cost $150 ea, which burned me up at the time (what was that, 8 years ago?). Other than 2nd row G3 tickets, I can’t remember the last time I dropped big coin on a concert. Then again, my first concert (Kansas in ‘79) cost $7.50 of my own money and that seemed expensive at the time. I’m not cheap, just look at my guitars! Heck, look at my pedalboard! Wait…look at my amps! Umm…

I took my boys to see Van Halen at the first DLR reunion tour and those cost $150 ea, which burned me up at the time (what was that, 8 years ago?). Other than 2nd row G3 tickets, I can’t remember the last time I dropped big coin on a concert. Then again, my first concert (Kansas in ‘79) cost $7.50 of my own money and that seemed expensive at the time. I’m not cheap, just look at my guitars! Heck, look at my pedalboard! Wait…look at my amps! Umm…

I've done the VIP packets for several shows. However, when McCartney rolled through here in 2017 I surprised the Mrs with tickets. I went all in. Third row, dead center. It was a tad pricey......$1800 for 2 tickets.

Best ticket buying experience: Alice Cooper, sometime in the 93-95 timeframe. We were at a lame party in the city (Chicago). Neither of us where having a good time. I told my wife "we should have gone to Alice Cooper." She responded with, "If we leave now, we still can". That was all I needed to hear. We bailed on the party, drove 40 miles south to the local concert shed, walked up to the ticket window and asked for best available. Two tickets, left aisle of middle section, second row! What a show only a few feet from the stage. Epic.

I've done the VIP packets for several shows. However, when McCartney rolled through here in 2017 I surprised the Mrs with tickets. I went all in. Third row, dead center. It was a tad pricey......$1800 for 2 tickets.

Best ticket buying experience: Alice Cooper, sometime in the 93-95 timeframe. We were at a lame party in the city (Chicago). Neither of us where having a good time. I told my wife "we should have gone to Alice Cooper." She responded with, "If we leave now, we still can". That was all I needed to hear. We bailed on the party, drove 40 miles south to the local concert shed, walked up to the ticket window and asked for best available. Two tickets, left aisle of middle section, second row! What a show only a few feet from the stage. Epic.
This was my experience with SRV at Poplar Creek music theater (RIP). Hobbled up to the ticket window (broke my leg in half and reassembled 4 weeks earlier) and got four 15th row for face!

On topic, I'd like to see Clapton one last time. His shows were always killer. The old man-isms are sad but he is Eric Clapton dammit!

Last edited:
This was my experience with SRV at Poplar Creek music theater (RIP). Hobbled up to the ticket window (broke my leg in half and reassembled 4 weeks earlier) and got four 15th row for face!

On topic, I'd like to see Clapton if he last time. His shows were always killer. The old man-isms are sad but he is Eric Clapton dammit!
Agree. I’d go see him again. It’s always a good show.

I saw Clapton in ‘87 with Mark Knopfler. Rearranged a vacation to make it happen. I’m good. Plus he’s not coming anywhere near me.

Sad story..... I managed to get a ticket for Claptons planned gig at the Albert Hall on the 18th next week.. they rescheduled the Saturday and Sunday tickets for next year.. but cancelled the one on the 18th and returned my money :( ..... I tried to get tickets to the other shows ... no luck.... it would have been my first live viewing of his skills... I know it’s just a first world problem... but still frustrating
Damn! I saw Clapton play the Albert Hall years ago, supported by Robert Randolph and the family band (look him up!). Anyway, truth be known I’m not the biggest Clapton fan, and I only went because my sister was ill and I used her ticket. Fair play to Clapton though, he absolutely melted that place!! It was a stunning performance. I hope you get to see him, he’s pure class.

Damn! I saw Clapton play the Albert Hall years ago, supported by Robert Randolph and the family band (look him up!). Anyway, truth be known I’m not the biggest Clapton fan, and I only went because my sister was ill and I used her ticket. Fair play to Clapton though, he absolutely melted that place!! It was a stunning performance. I hope you get to see him, he’s pure class.
I saw that tour. Robert Randolph was electrifying!

Saw Cream.
Saw Delaney & Bonnie.
Saw Derik & the Dominoes.

Eric Clapton is actually a pretty good guitar player.

;)

Back