Eric Clapton Tour '22-Europe

I remember thinking at 17 that when Elvis passed away that “he lived a good long life. 42. Point being that age is relative. At 17, 42 seemed pretty old. At 42, I was astonished that Elvis died at this young age.

Now I’m 61, and I’m still playing rock music. Incredibly, some of the songs I played then are being relearned to play now! Sometimes I wonder if it’s any sort of normal for me to still be doing this after all these years and “at my age.” Then I see Clapton, Frampton, Beck, and others who were my inspirations 40-50 years or more ago still doing it! It’s glorious, and inspiring all over again in a different way. I’m not weird. I’m lucky... blessed even. I hope these guys keep playing as long as they want. I’d buy a ticket just to hear them talk about playing!

I need to look into Crossroads tickets... I was sure it had been cancelled! (Edit: Wishful thinking... misread the dates in the article!)

Last edited:
I need to look into Crossroads tickets... I was sure it had been cancelled!

Do you think another Crossroads is a possibility?:eek: I read that article and reread to make sure I didn't miss it. No discussion of Crossroads.

It's every 3 years. The last one was 2019. 2019 +3 = :cool:

If so, I will have the MC out and the mouse ready to click the millisecond it is announced!

Do you think another Crossroads is a possibility?:eek: I read that article and reread to make sure I didn't miss it. No discussion of Crossroads.

It's every 3 years. The last one was 2019. 2019 +3 = :cool:

If so, I will have the MC out and the mouse ready to click the millisecond it is announced!
No, you’re right. Seeing all that rescheduling, I read it that Crossroads might be back on.. just “wishful reading” on my part!

https://crossroadsguitarfestival2021.com/

The Mrs and I saw the 2007 Crossroads outside of Chicago. Great music, but hotter than hell. That sunburn was worth it.
I’ve tried to explain how revolutionary artists like these were to my kids and younger musicians and I think that they believe they understand it. But I’ve come to accept that, like it was for me with Elvis, if you didn’t live life before and experience the change, you just can’t understand the impact in it’s time and so something is lost in the translation. Not that you can’t appreciate it, but there is an element of experience missing.

Those crazy concerts and the “battle scars” of the things we did to see them are some of the funnest and best memories, right? I remember a bunch of us hitchhiking ~60 miles one way to see Styx and Kiss back in 77. We did whatever it took. I wouldn’t trade the memories!

I’ve tried to explain how revolutionary artists like these were to my kids and younger musicians and I think that they believe they understand it. But I’ve come to accept that, like it was for me with Elvis, if you didn’t live life before and experience the change, you just can’t understand the impact in it’s time and so something is lost in the translation. Not that you can’t appreciate it, but there is an element of experience missing.

Those crazy concerts and the “battle scars” of the things we did to see them are some of the funnest and best memories, right? I remember a bunch of us hitchhiking ~60 miles one way to see Styx and Kiss back in 77. We did whatever it took. I wouldn’t trade the memories!
Here’s a cool story for ya.

April 1, 1985, a 17 year old bodia walks into his buddy’s house after finishing my afternoon paper route. My buddies are screaming at me that I won something and I need to call the X (97x, the local rock station). I call BS because it is April Fool's Day. Ten minutes of arguing with them and then I hear, “we’re still waiting to hear from Jim B, the winner of the Grigg’s Music/97x Concert Givaway” come out the stereo speakers. Holy crap! I call the station and find out that my name was drawn from the contest entry box at Grigg’s Music. I am the lucky winner of 2 tickets to any concert within a 75 mile radius of Davenport, Iowa FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR!!! Man there were some weeks where I was going to 3 or 4 shows. It was awesome. Best part, I never drove to a single show. I’d offer the 2nd ticket to a buddy for free, if he would drive. Saw some great shows, and made a little cash selling the tickets to the shows I didn’t want to go to.

Here’s a cool story for ya.

April 1, 1985, a 17 year old bodia walks into his buddy’s house after finishing my afternoon paper route. My buddies are screaming at me that I won something and I need to call the X (97x, the local rock station). I call BS because it is April Fool's Day. Ten minutes of arguing with them and then I hear, “we’re still waiting to hear from Jim B, the winner of the Grigg’s Music/97x Concert Givaway” come out the stereo speakers. Holy crap! I call the station and find out that my name was drawn from the contest entry box at Grigg’s Music. I am the lucky winner of 2 tickets to any concert within a 75 mile radius of Davenport, Iowa FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR!!! Man there were some weeks where I was going to 3 or 4 shows. It was awesome. Best part, I never drove to a single show. I’d offer the 2nd ticket to a buddy for free, if he would drive. Saw some great shows, and made a little cash selling the tickets to the shows I didn’t want to go to.
Dude, that would have been a banner year for any 17 year old. I’d have never been home! Great story. I can only imagine the memories!

Sad story..... I managed to get a ticket for Claptons planned gig at the Albert Hall on the 18th next week.. they rescheduled the Saturday and Sunday tickets for next year.. but cancelled the one on the 18th and returned my money :( ..... I tried to get tickets to the other shows ... no luck.... it would have been my first live viewing of his skills... I know it’s just a first world problem... but still frustrating

Sad story..... I managed to get a ticket for Claptons planned gig at the Albert Hall on the 18th next week.. they rescheduled the Saturday and Sunday tickets for next year.. but cancelled the one on the 18th and returned my money :( ..... I tried to get tickets to the other shows ... no luck.... it would have been my first live viewing of his skills... I know it’s just a first world problem... but still frustrating
That blows!

I had tickets to Clapton when he played here in Omaha over 5 years ago. Closer to 10? I had to work; I actually volunteered for a shift not thinking how big a deal it would be. My wife made it very clear how big a deal it actually was. I just figured I would catch him next time. Of course, that has not happened.

:(:mad::(:(:(
I had tickets to Clapton when he played here in Omaha over 5 years ago. Closer to 10? I had to work; I actually volunteered for a shift not thinking how big a deal it would be. My wife made it very clear how big a deal it actually was. I just figured I would catch him next time. Of course, that has not happened.

:(

US 2021 Tour announced:

https://bestclassicbands.com/eric-clapton-2021-tour-2022-tour-6-14-21/

Coming thru Austin(that's a BIG surprise actually)...

And we just got our tickets this morning for Nashville, September 21!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! Anything on 1st floor was sold out or waaaaaaay over my budget. But I got 2nd floor 1st row. :D There will be no one in front of me blocking the view. I've never been in this arena, Bridgestone, but I think they should be great seats.

Back