DROP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS!

...I have found I play much better with my eyes closed. Less distractions I guess.

I have found that I play much better with my ears closed. Don't hear a single mistake! ;)

Kid plays great. Serious props to him. However, his double bends were a little flat. I hope it's just the strength in his youthful fingers and will be corrected as his hands grow.

Oh, and my favorite solo of all time is the one just before that one...

9 year old Aussie Taj Farrant.

What is it with these 8-12 year old kids these days? Must be something in the water.

I subscribed to this kids channel after he appeared with Pete Thorn and watched this video back then too. Its certainly impressive - as is quite a few of his video's.

His dad (I believe) is a guitarist and his teacher too. He has been playing for quite a few years as well. If you can learn at an early age, its far easier. Its like learning a new language, which is easier when young too. I am not diminishing this kids ability at all. After 3+ yrs, you would expect to have learned something, have a good understanding of the instrument. Its perhaps more impressive because of his age and size. If some 18yr old played this after picking up a guitar at 16, learned to be good enough to do this in 2yrs, that would be likely be seen as less impressive, less of an achievement - even though they learned to do this inside of 2yrs compared to 3yrs here. Of course this kid has had to overcome his size and strength for all the bends and holding the guitar - something an 18yr old probably wouldn't.

I wish this kid good luck and hope he succeeds. Thomas McRocklin never went on to become the next 'Steve Vai' after appearing in 'The Audience is Listening' - another Guitar protege. It would be great to see this kid succeed and hopefully Rock can come back too...

Mozart gave concerts at 5. Yehudi Menuhin appeared as a soloist playing with symphony orchestras at 7.

Talented young kids have it goin’ on!

But age brings more unusual guitar faces.

Back