Driving around in circles.

sergiodeblanc

Right after I bought my H&K amp a buddy of mine who just started playing offered to trade me a Mustang III amp for my Boss GT-6. I figured I would do it anyway so I could check the amp out.. While there were things I liked about the GT-6, there was a whole lot I didn't care for.

I had initially thought I would get individual pedals and build a board.. but I hate the practice of stepping on multiple pedals for a solo and I'm not really that into static (on/off) effects anyway, and Oh.. the cables, batteries or power supply... So much crap, and so many chances for things to go wrong and get broken!

Instead I figured I would check out the Line 6 m9 or a Zoom g3 or something all-in-one just for ease of transport and setup, and to just try something new. So I checked out a butt load of videos on YouTube and went to SamsAss only to come home empty handed, and totally uninspired with what is out there in the multi-effects world these days.:(

A batch of margaritas later I'm on ebay looking at tuner pedals and I bought the same thing (kinda) that I had been using before I got the GT-6.

(Fuzzy Sergio pic... bite me Eric and Justin)

These things are pretty "Playskool" as far as "professional" multi-fx processors are concerned, buy there's nothing except maybe an AxeFX that can do continuous controllers quite like these old Digitech units can. I can set up any and every effect parameter to the wonky treadle pedal which is way easier to dive for on stage than hovering over individual pedals. I have it set so that when the pedal is in the heel position it's just a straight clean tone with a little compression. When you rock the pedal forward (toe) it gradually increases the distortion, lowers the noise gate threshold, increases the master volume, and mixes in delay for solos. Move it back to heel position and the delays still carry over the clean tone... All for $64 including shipping!

Why did I think the grass was greener?

Anybody else get rid of something just to wind up buying the same thing again, and end up being really happy? (While feeling a little stupid at the same time.)

Going by the title, I thought this would be a NASCAR thread.

But, no. I don't sell things without much deliberation first. I make sure I truly don't want/need it anymore before letting it go. So far that's been successful, but who knows in the future...

I sold my Carl Martin Quattro...I bought a Carl Martin Quattro.

I've done the same with Strymon TimeLine and Möbius as well.

:laugh:

I've wanted to like multi-effects for the convenience, but I just can't get past the issues of a slight delay or cut-out when switching programs, and not liking any of the OD/distortion sounds I've heard. As a result, I have a fairly large collection of pedals (I can't bring myself to sell them for the pittance they would bring). For my big board for the alt rock original band, I bought a Rocktron Patchmate 8 floor switcher, which allows eight different loops with on/off switches or the ability to treat them as program changes, switching multiple loops at a time. It's can also include amp channel/effects loop changing and amp selecting. It's like the Carl Martin Octa-Switch, but $200 cheaper, and in a smaller foot print.

After all that, I almost bought the new T-Rex Magnus for the convenience...

I am that guy who buys, sells, and buys the same stuff over and over.

Because unless I can bash myself for being insane, I'm not happy. :)

Anybody else get rid of something just to wind up buying the same thing again, and end up being really happy? (While feeling a little stupid at the same time.)
Mira. Had an 08 with moons, sold it very stupidly. Bought a Les Paul, didn't like it as much, sold it to pay for home remodelings... then many months later bought another Mira, 07 with birds, on the credit card, which got paid off many months after that. Happy now. Never gonna give it up, never gonna let it go, never gonna sell it off and desert it.

Never gonna give it up, never gonna let it go, never gonna sell it off and desert it.

Wow...Rick Astley...nice...

Started out two years ago when I started playing again with a Blackstar HT Club 40 combo...wanted something lighter, got an H&K Tubemeister 18 Combo...spent about a grand in dirt pedals trying to de-fuzzify the gain channel...pedals and amp went back for another Club 40...HAPPY.

I also traded a Mira to a local music store about a year ago, it's still up for sale, and I like to torture myself by going back on the web site and look at pictures of her...and plot for a potential re-purchase ;)

Are you having any luck with your Mustang Sergio?
I've had a crazy couple days and have yet to upload any extra presets =\

Tonelab SE- H&K zenTera- H&K Triamp- Tone King Meteor & Boutique Pedals- Tonelab LE

I went in a circle, but it was not by choice. Was in a reggae band for ten years, we mixed up a lot of different sounds. I had a Tone Lab SE before just to goof around on, but never even considered playing it on squat. Bought a zenTera, and then decided to go back to tubes. Bought an H&K Triamp, but a Triamp and a rack was too big to lug around. So, I cut everything down and went to a Tone King Meteor and some boutique pedals. My sound was good, but the lead singer didn't like the pedal dance. By this time, we'd were paying for time in a rehearsal space equipped with really crappy amps in a really crappy neighborhood with no parking nearby. So, I wound up buying the smaller and cheaper Tonelab LE after I dropped the Tonelab SE on the pavement walking to practice.

Hey Sergio
I can help you with that pedal board thing ;)

Can you build me a tuner/Lil Big Horn/delay unit and fit it in a wah pedal housing?.... Pretty please!

So, I wound up buying the smaller and cheaper Tonelab LE after I dropped the Tonelab SE on the pavement walking to practice.

I was lookin' at those, but couldn't find anywhere that had 'em in stock. :(

Disconnect the multieffect pedal for a week,use only guitar,1 cable and amp.You will be amazed how many great tones you will find.Ok if you are into funk and reggae add a compressor,delay and a phaser pedal.Multieffects a pain in the ass if you ask me.I like-and especially gettin older-possibilities within limits.

Back