Do you drop picks? (simple trick to prevent it)

I had the same problem of slipping picks. I'm kinda old and my hand hurts on extended times of gripping picks. I used Dragons Heart picks and slipping and pain problems are gone.

Pure+Tweed.JPG

I had the same problem of slipping picks. I'm kinda old and my hand hurts on extended times of gripping picks. I used Dragons Heart picks and slipping and pain problems are gone.

Pure+Tweed.JPG

Ah yes Dragon pure, I was using them for a couple years. Love the tone, hated the shape(hard for me to hold), although the material is easy to grip like you said. I used to fill in the top gap with plastic weld to make them like normal picks until I became a RedBear addict.

Of all the lower priced boutique picks I reviewed, Dragon had the best tone.

i didn’t look for a minute and everyone is playing with 3mm picks and talking about pick tone, now i got to go burnish a beetle carapace.

some picks i don’t like are the tiny little gibson mandolin teardrops — which if your guitar shop was a piano and brass store often these were the only picks stocked.

For all but those situations where I want the tone of a celluloid pick (maybe .05% of the time), I've gone with Blue Chip for the last 6-7 years. They tend to not slip, for whatever reason. I'm told the material is ever=so-slightly tacky; although it doesn't feel tacky, it also doesn't slip as easily. Go figure that one out, I can't.

Also, I've never worn one out, and can't tell a new one from an old one. We're talking about some I've used daily for 6-7 years! Crazy, right?

"You're crazy to spend that much on a pick in the first place, Les, might as well go all the way."

"I have them monogrammed."

"Why?"

"That way I know who I am when I pick one up."

Monster grip stick-ons work wonderfully!

Yup, I use them on all of my picks... they are a little pricy for being lil cushiony gummy snot-like glue thingies (reminds me of that sticky stuff that temporarily sticks film together) but they work extremely well. Surprisingly, they don’t move once you put them on your pick.

The only picks I don’t have to use them on are my blue chip picks because that material, when heated, feels tacky enough on its own.

Back