Disappointed to say the least

I'm not sure what this means, exactly. My intention would not be to antagonize them. My intention would be to find out what happened. As I have stated, I don't know anything about the process.

It means I think your post is troll bait for arguments.

My comment was addressed to this nonsense in your posts:

"Disappointed to say the least" as the thread title.

"I don't know what the heck is going on or who to blame but I am not impressed to say the least," in the body of the post.

"Does it take one hour to make one?" This truly foolish question repeated after I linked good info?

Don't be disingenuous. You know damn well this isn't PRS' fault. You haven't lost a thing except that you had to wait, and you're pissed. That's too damn bad. This isn't the place to have that kind of tantrum.

We have other, more specialized and insightful kinds of tantrums here.

Last edited:
"Disappointed to say the least" as the thread title.

"I don't know what the heck is going on or who to blame but I am not impressed to say the least," in the body of the post.

"Does it take one hour to make one?" This truly foolish question repeated after I linked good info?

Don't be disingenuous. You know damn well this isn't PRS' fault. You haven't lost a thing except that you had to wait, and you're pissed. That's too damn bad. This isn't the place to have that kind of tantrum.

Did the thread title say " Disappointed in PRS"

No.

Did I say " I don't know exactly what the heck is going on, PRS is screwing me over" .

No.

The truly foolish question "Does it take one hour to make" was repeated for a reason and don't be disingenuous, you know damn well why it was repeated.

I love your last comment, 'We have other, more specialized and insightful kinds of tantrums here'.

Yeah, I get it. Not only are you a biased, presumptuous fan boy but you are a pretentious one, too. My, aren't you special.

Neither does my wife. So let's hear some clips of your music!

Besides freezing, how are things in Manitoba?

Hey, look, I'm glad you are trying here with me. I do appreciate it.

I'm really not a guy that knows a lot about guitars. This will only be the second electric guitar I have ever owned (besides my bass which has a warped neck, another pitfall of living in the dry surroundings of Manitoba). The first one I bought I purchased when I was 15 years old. I'm 54 now. I plugged my Strat into the interface and those single coil pickups created a lot of noise. I know there are noise gate plug ins but I always planned on buying another guitar at retirement so I thought I would buy a Les Paul, simply because of the name. That probably sounds pretty silly. When I started to research guitars, I kept reading impressive things about the PRS make and the craftmanship etc. I really didn't know if I could afford one, either, but I thought I would make it happen, anyways.

I'm just now learning how to use a DAW. I find it overwhelming. I probably won't have anything down concrete for awhile but I am getting some tracks recorded and slowly figuring things out. The last bit of music I recorded was some 22 years ago on a Boss Br-8 stand alone. Now with the DAW, the options are limitless and it makes my head spin, but I will get there.

Sorry about my behaviour here. I would love to hear what you are into, too!

Last edited:
Alright, alright, I bought up all the damn guitars and yes, because of the demand that created, the value went up just a few hours later so I sold them. I sunk all of the profits into Gamestop on a 'hunch' from the firm Winthorpe and Valentine. Sorry for the confusion, but now I'm off to the island I just purchased in the Caribbean.

Hey, look, I'm glad you are trying here with me. I do appreciate it.

I'm really not a guy that knows a lot about guitars. This will only be the second electric guitar I have ever owned (besides my bass which has a warped neck, another pitfall of living in the dry surroundings of Manitoba). The first one I bought I purchased when I was 15 years old. I'm 54 now. I plugged my Strat into the interface and those single coil pickups created a lot of noise. I know there are noise gate plug ins but I always planned on buying another guitar at retirement so I thought I would buy a Les Paul, simply because of the name. That probably sounds pretty silly. When I started to research guitars, I kept reading impressive things about the PRS make and the craftmanship etc. I really didn't know if I could afford one, either, but I thought I would make it happen, anyways.

I'm just now learning how to use a DAW. I find it overwhelming. I probably won't have anything down concrete for awhile but I am getting some tracks recorded and slowly figuring things out. The last bit of music I recorded was some 22 years ago on a Boss Br-8 stand alone. Now with the DAW, the options are limitless and it makes my head spin, but I will get there.

Sorry about my behaviour here. I would love to hear what you are into, too!

No worries! Bygones are forgotten! Gone!

If you have questions about DAWs, just PM me. I can usually offer pretty decent advice, and am happy to do so! Even if I'm not using the same DAW, many of the principles are the same from DAW to DAW, and I am pretty knowledgeable with Logic Pro and Digital Performer if you happen to be using one of those. I do a tiny bit of Pro Tools and Cubase, but I don't pretend to be up on their latest things.

Most of what I do are ad music scores. I just finished this one, and it's probably the simplest, most laid back thing I've done in years, though I do think it works and the ad for this truck is pretty effective:

But I'm also into orchestral scoring. Here are the two latest examples (I do this basically for fun, clients rarely ask for orchestral stuff):

https://persistenceofmemory.band/single/26186/abbey-road-tango

https://persistenceofmemory.band/single/28652/evolution

Wow, that's impressive!

I just write simple pop songs but I love orchestral music. Thank you for sharing!

If you can write pop songs you can already do something I can't do in a million years! I can't write a decent lyric to save my life.

But you can learn to do orchestral music. It takes a while, but what the heck. Once you know how to do it, you never lose the ability. It's a fun thing to learn how to do.

Yeah, your original dealer effed up, lost their dealership. The second dealer that reneged on that original price, BS move. If they wanted to honor that price, they certainly could.

PRS likely doesn’t know where you originally ordered guitar is/was. Most likely any orders from your original no longer a dealer shifted to fill inventory in other stores. They may not have known it was even a customer special order, or just a specific guitar the dealer wanted to have in inventory. Maybe they can help you, but it’s a tall order that they probably don’t have employees assigned for that that sort of thing.

So, if you’ve found the guitar on eBay with a reputable dealer/seller. Buy the dang thing.

...and yes, Les is quite freaking special.

Here’s how the supply chain works. The dealer sees a factory rep and orders 4 of model Y, 5 of model A , 6 of model B. The order then goes to the factory, where it is put in line behind other orders that have already been placed. If an item is extraordinarily successful in number of units sold, you have a back order. Now what to do?
If you’re PRS, you know the success of the company depends on the highest quality product made by skilled employees payed a living wage. When the factory was shut down during the pandemic, The EMPLOYEES STILL GOT PAID! How many other businesses can say that? So...now we’re slowly and safely re-opening the factory, following CDC guidelines to keep everyone alive and healthy. The back orders are mounting because of loss of production. If you cut corners, and push guitars through the factory, you lose what made you special in the first place, which is the highest level of quality obtainable. But there’s still the back orders.
There is cash flow to be managed, new product to be developed, new employees to be properly trained, and on it goes. Because of the necessity of doing things correctly, the back orders cannot be suddenly made to disappear. These are skilled craftsmen making things with an incredible amount of handwork. The factory mantra is” make it better”, and they do. Shawn@PRS can give you an estimate of the length of time it takes to make the average guitar. You’ll be surprised at how long it is. I would suggest that you go to the PRS channel on YouTube, and watch all the factory videos.
Your S2 594 will be a work of art. The fretwork will be spectacular, the woods will be dry, it will stay in tune, and it’ll sound great. IMHO, there isn’t anything at that price point that touches it for quality. I’ve been playing over 50 years, and used to play other brands. Then I discovered PRS, and sold all my electrics that weren’t.
PRS has MSRP on all their products. They cannot control how much the retailer charges, aside from lowballers who ruin it for others. It’s supply and demand, plain and simple. If there aren’t enough, the price goes up. If there are too many, or the product doesn’t sell, the retailers lowers the price. Notice I said the retailer, not PRS. When the guitar is sold to the retailer, it’s out of the factories hands. That’s how it works.
There are trolls who show up on the forum, and start threads with titles like “I’m not happy, the company sucks”. We are protective of the brand. It Is special, and so are the forum members who vary from professionals to hobbyists. Everyone is welcome, and we’ve all met some people on here who are personally and/or musically amazing. The knowledge and humor are unsurpassed. People do favors above and beyond, because everyone here is worth it. Les will tell you whatever he knows (which is a lot) without hesitation. There is tremendous respect for a good reason. Just remember, nothing can grow in poison ground.

To the OP, I can understand your disappointment. Sounds like a crap move by both sellers.

On a similar note, I ordered a wiring for a guitar from a respected vendor, who had previously sold me two other harnesses. A week after i placed my order, his website shuts down with a notice claiming that due to the COVID backlog, they were suspending all new sales so they could get caught up. I thought, 'OK, no big deal, i'll give them a week or two, then check again on my status.' A werk later and the website they moved things back another week. Two weeks later, same thing. So i reached out to the owner via email, on a Thursday, who said it would go out on Saturday. Here we are 3 weeks later and still no harness or communication. So i emailed again this morning, cancelling my order and requesting a refund. Less than an hour later i get a response, 'Your refund has been processed, we are now closed due to COVID.' Needless to say i found a new vendor in short order, who will ship the harness on Monday.

If there is one thing that i really hate, is when people do not communicate to hide the truth. Had the original vendor just reached out to me, saying things were delayed another week or two, I might not have pulled the trigger on the refund. But, in my opinion not communicating to hide the truth, is the same as outright lying. Even a half truth, is a whole lie.

Back