Disappointed in PRS

i really would have preferred a flame top....but what can you do? ;)

Get some vinyl flame stickers!

Congrats! Very cool find. I've never gotten a chance to play one, does the scale length take much getting used to?

Speaking of problems and issues, when I was a little kid I had a plastic guitar that played The Ballad of Davy Crockett when you turned the crank on the guitar, all by itself.

I noticed a couple of my PRS guitars came with a metal thing with a plastic tip on it that looks like a large crank, and there's a little hole on the bridge of the guitar you can stick that thing into. Being a guy who likes to put things into things, I put that crank thingy into the little hole, and it seemed to fit. In fact, I could even turn that big ol' crank with a couple of fingers.

But I can not get either guitar to play The Ballad of Davy Crockett, so I'm sending them back to the PTC to find out what's wrong. I see folks complaining about missing little felt pieces, but this is something that doesn't even do anything for all I can tell. I can't for the life of me figure out why they put a crank in the black suitcase the guitars come in if there's no Ballad of Davy Crockett in there.

And I tried that crank in the big hole on the side of the guitar, too, but it really doesn't fit very well, and it doesn't do a darn thing, so I believe it goes in the little hole on the bridge.

And let's face it, for this kind of investment, a useless crank is out of the question. Sorry to derail this thread but I had to air this grievance.

Yes, I know. ;)

Nice color, my fave!

Also, FWIW, I live in Phoenix, AZ. 5th largest city in the country. And NOT ONE SINGLE dealer in the whole state of Arizona has A SINGLE S2 for me to go try. Seriously. Not one, anywhere, and these things have been available for almost a year now. Disappointed is about as mild a word as I could come up with for that.

That's hot! I've not seen many Black SC with Birds. Nice score, man :top:, flame are cool but there is a something classy about a Black SC and with the faux binding. Love it!

Get some vinyl flame stickers!

Congrats! Very cool find. I've never gotten a chance to play one, does the scale length take much getting used to?

i've been a Les Paul player for going on 20 years, so going from the 24.75 to 24.5 hasn't been a big deal. When I bought my SE Cu24, I felt like there was a bigger difference in going up to 25in, but that's probably just my imagination.

i've been a Les Paul player for going on 20 years, so going from the 24.75 to 24.5 hasn't been a big deal. When I bought my SE Cu24, I felt like there was a bigger difference in going up to 25in, but that's probably just my imagination.

A Les Paul scale is actually 24 9/16". I can switch between my LP and my 245 without skipping a beat. It takes me a minute when switching to a 25" scale.

Wow, nice deal! Well done!

I'm gasing one of those S2 SCs (the dark cherryburst one is beautiful), but if I had the chance to get a core line SC, I would.

Wow, nice deal! Well done!

I'm gasing one of those S2 SCs (the dark cherryburst one is beautiful), but if I had the chance to get a core line SC, I would.

that was the one i was waiting for. When I saw the 2014 lineup posted back in December, I started drooling over the cherryburst.

Thanks. I'm mainly used to 25.5" scale, enough that it almost feels like I'm cheating with my 24.75" Hamer.

Speaking of problems and issues, when I was a little kid I had a plastic guitar that played The Ballad of Davy Crockett when you turned the crank on the guitar, all by itself.

I noticed a couple of my PRS guitars came with a metal thing with a plastic tip on it that looks like a large crank, and there's a little hole on the bridge of the guitar you can stick that thing into. Being a guy who likes to put things into things, I put that crank thingy into the little hole, and it seemed to fit. In fact, I could even turn that big ol' crank with a couple of fingers.

But I can not get either guitar to play The Ballad of Davy Crockett, so I'm sending them back to the PTC to find out what's wrong. I see folks complaining about missing little felt pieces, but this is something that doesn't even do anything for all I can tell. I can't for the life of me figure out why they put a crank in the black suitcase the guitars come in if there's no Ballad of Davy Crockett in there.

And I tried that crank in the big hole on the side of the guitar, too, but it really doesn't fit very well, and it doesn't do a darn thing, so I believe it goes in the little hole on the bridge.

And let's face it, for this kind of investment, a useless crank is out of the question. Sorry to derail this thread but I had to air this grievance.

Yes, I know. ;)

Well, no, YOU DON'T!!!

You're turning the crank the wrong way. And it's not The Ballad Of Davy Crockett. That's old days. The song depends on the model. The Santana plays "Black Magic Woman". The Santana SE plays "Winning". The Neal Schon plays "Don't Stop Believing". You'll have to figure the rest of them out on your own.

Well, no, YOU DON'T!!!

You're turning the crank the wrong way. And it's not The Ballad Of Davy Crockett. That's old days. The song depends on the model. The Santana plays "Black Magic Woman". The Santana SE plays "Winning". The Neal Schon plays "Don't Stop Believing". You'll have to figure the rest of them out on your own.

Weird mine only says "The cow says MOOOOO". Maybe I have the Texas edition?

Back