Disappointed in PRS

FennRx

Gibson Fanboy
I have impatiently been waiting on the new S2 Singlecuts to arrive. Wildwood doesn't show any. Sam Ash's customer service didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked them- despite having the guitar listed on their site and on ebay. In fact, after I clarified what I wanted, I never heard back. Sweetwater has posted one- the Blue Crab one that a forum member purchased. I really wanted to try one of these guitars. :(

So I have given up hope.

And I bought this instead:

I'd take another picture, but my cheap-o phone just crapped out. At least I got the headstock. :laugh:

Anyhoo, seems it's a 2008 model according to the hangtag. And there is a "for your records" paper that has a purchase date of Nov 2013 from GC. GC has never provided me with one of these on any guitar i've bought from them, so is this a PRS thing? And does this mean GC sold a 2008 guitar as NOS in 2013? :laugh:

A 2008 sold in 2013 probably isn't that common but not unheard of. I'd take a SC245 over the S2 everyday of the week. Great guitars.

A 2008 sold in 2013 probably isn't that common but not unheard of. I'd take a SC245 over the S2 everyday of the week. Great guitars.

I know talking $$$ is verboten, but I'll just say that when given the chance to buy a Core SC used for less than a new S2, I jumped.

Congrats. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Interestingly antagonistic post title.

Oh the humanity! You poor soul... having to buy a top of the line guitar instead of a more affordable but still well made S2 series guitar.
I'm going to take up a collection from the boys so that we can buy you a tissue.
:laugh:

I know talking $$$ is verboten, but I'll just say that when given the chance to buy a Core SC used for less than a new S2, I jumped.

'nuff said.....awesome score man. I know you are disappointed that you didn't get to try out the S2, but I would say you did pretty darn good!

Oh the humanity! You poor soul... having to buy a top of the line guitar instead of a more affordable but still well made S2 series guitar.
I'm going to take up a collection from the boys so that we can buy you a tissue.
:laugh:

:flute:

Well, the iPad's camera isn't any better than my crappy phone...but here's a body shot.

i really would have preferred a flame top....but what can you do? ;)

Back