DGT 10s 11s question

rickcard71

I just picked-up a DGT Standard yesterday and it is strung with 10s. It feels much better than I thought it was going to. I may stick with the 10s, but if I do want to try the 11s on it (put it in its originally config), will it need a new set-up or can I just put the 11s on and maybe the bridge will raise a little?

If you put 0.011s on, you will need to tighten the screws in the trem claw. It will raise a LOT. You might also choose to add a spring, depending on how many you have now.

It's extremely easy to adjust for string change as far as the trem goes. A little practice and you'll be an expert. YOu will probably want to adjust it every few strings changes, or at least seasonally.

The bigger issue is that you will want to intonate it and may find that you need to adjust bridge height for the bigger strings. I usually don't find height to be an issue when going between 0.010 and 0.011 (which I have done on a few guitars) but the intonation will really need to be done. That is also easy, but takes a little patience.

If you put 0.011s on, you will need to tighten the screws in the trem claw. It will raise a LOT.
I can confirm this. One of my SEs came with 7.5s, and I immediately replaced them with 10s (I didn't know that SEs typically shipped with 9s), and the trem got all "hightaily". When I swap the pups, I'll probably go back down to 9s.

Back