Darker skin tattoo

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Being a "black owned" business pulls me in a decent number of brown skinned clients just based on that. People always ask if decent detail can be achieved on brown skin. Obviously, it isn't exactly the same as some of my paler clients.....but, adjusting to skin tone is part of my job. Just utilize that negative space a bit differently and it CAN still work out. This is from today. Took about 4 hours or so to complete.

175606889_10165128235140331_3005724922070351362_n.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I need to see finished pics of that Star Wars back piece when it's done....
Yeah. We will see how long that takes. She comes in as time, energy, pain tolerance and money come together all at the same time. Some of these kinds of projects can be quite time consuming. But she gets in from time to time. So, at some point, we will finish.

Yeah. We will see how long that takes. She comes in as time, energy, pain tolerance and money come together all at the same time. Some of these kinds of projects can be quite time consuming. But she gets in from time to time. So, at some point, we will finish.

Pain tolerance is always the fun part. My longest sitting to date was 5.5 hours, and I wouldn't want to sit that long again. I'll tap out at 4 hours, though my last several have been small, quick pieces. Haven't gotten ambitious enough to get a back piece as yet - still filling the arms.

I always feel like if I could play guitar the way that I tattoo, I'd be satisfied. When, in reality, I would NOT....lol. I am never satisfied with my tattoo work after looking at it for a little while. There is always "something" that "should have been".

Also, I have been in skin, just about EVERY DAY, since I was literally a teenager. Had I put that much time and practice in on music, I probably WOULD be equally skilled in guitar playing.

Pain tolerance is always the fun part. My longest sitting to date was 5.5 hours, and I wouldn't want to sit that long again. I'll tap out at 4 hours, though my last several have been small, quick pieces. Haven't gotten ambitious enough to get a back piece as yet - still filling the arms.
I did 7 hours on my calf. Don't think I'd do that again. There were a couple of 15 minute breaks in there, but still.

I always feel like if I could play guitar the way that I tattoo, I'd be satisfied. When, in reality, I would NOT....lol. I am never satisfied with my tattoo work after looking at it for a little while. There is always "something" that "should have been".

Also, I have been in skin, just about EVERY DAY, since I was literally a teenager. Had I put that much time and practice in on music, I probably WOULD be equally skilled in guitar playing.
Appointments or walk in? Thinking about a pre-Experience tat, whenever that happens.

Back