Custom Build sneak preview

I know its very weird, but I'm hesitant to give the details right now. I like what I've chosen, and I'm afraid of second guessing myself based on others' opinions! ! Will give more details as soon as it is built. Order stated September, but i don't know how accurate those tend to be. Sorry. ..

I know its very weird, but I'm hesitant to give the details right now. I like what I've chosen, and I'm afraid of second guessing myself based on others' opinions! ! Will give more details as soon as it is built. Order stated September, but i don't know how accurate those tend to be. Sorry. ..

We will wait and see, it would be very nice whatever it will be anyway ^ ^

I totally get this. I have been tweaking my PS build specs for 2 years. Just when I think I have it nailed, the PSF thread shows me something new! My build is a ways off from even ordering, but DAYUM, there are so many cool things I could do...

Epic build Kevin, super excited for you. There's nothing like speccing out your own guitar from top to bottom. It's an extraordinary feeling, and while the wait sucks, it's just part of the journey. You're gonna love it!

Cocobolo top?

Funny you should ask that. When I initially approached Brian regarding the possibility of a custom build, I really wanted to do a Cocobolo top. He then checked with the factory, and Cocobolo tops can no longer be sourced at this time, with only a few necks still available.

I then went away for a while, sulking in the corner along with a 40 in a brown paper bag. After a while, I dragged myself over to my computer and started browsing for other possible natural wood tops. I found a couple of Brazilian tops that I really liked. I sent the pictures to Brian, and told him that I would be very happy if we could find a top anywhere near the examples I had sent.

Several weeks later, Brian sent me a group of top pictures from the vault. Amazingly, the 2 best Brazilian tops were very Cocobolo-like!

Thus, I ended up with the look I was searching for in a Brazilian top.

Kevin

Back