COVID has hit a member of the PRS community hard

Please everybody, don’t let your guard down, even for a brief time with family. I’m hoping Tyler gets well, and doesn’t have any organ damage. And to those in the UK, be safe. Your strain is a new kind of horrible. There will be Christmas temptation to see those we love. My brother’s in-laws caved in for Thanksgiving with family. 6 of the 10 have Covid. The father probably won’t make it. He’s a doctor.
So sorry to hear this.

Way too much selfishness and ignorance - willful or otherwise - around this. The irresponsible behavior would be one thing if it was only yourself you put at risk. But that’s not the way this works - you endanger everyone you come around, and that endangers everyone they are around. And as Vaughn said, the misconceptions that somehow still abound amaze me. It’s hard to take the “masks/distancing/whatever don’t work” people seriously when you look at the other countries where they have worked. It’s the places that have tried living life as normal that have failed. We should - and could - be so much further ahead in this fight.

Prayers and mojo go out to Tyler.

Please, folks, we beg of you, if you won't do it for yourselves, do it for others. Listen to those who promote self-awareness and preventive care; practice social distancing, mask up, hand washing, please!

The variant Covid strain in the UK is far worse than what we now experience, and underestimating Covid's effect initially is what caused all of our trouble to begin with. If we don't prepare now, it will only get much worse.

Although I'm not being reactionary to news reports, I am quoting medical professionals who underestimated Covid last January. Read the news, folks. Underestimating the deadliness of this virus (and now the variant strain) is what will kill you.

A quick question for those of you that’s had COVID. Did you have a bad backache? My back feels like I’ve been kidney punched.

A quick question for those of you that’s had COVID. Did you have a bad backache? My back feels like I’ve been kidney punched.
I can't tell you if I did or didn't.
One night (in March?) I woke up with a bad headache, cough and sinus congestion.
Next day was better, the a day later back to normal.
But... my knees are screwed along with my left elbow. Feels arthritic but I have never felt that way before.

Could be a kidney stone. If you are having problems peeing, you should get to a doctor.

Back