Copperhead finish

My one and only Copperhead
KEKIIDB.jpg

There are no words that do that guitar justice! Wow!

Copperhead has always been a weird color for me.

On the one hand, it does seem to really pull out contrast on nice maple tops very nicely. And I love the color in general.

On the other hand, it is in the grouping of "brown" colors to me, which are my least-favorite colors when applied to guitars. Dunno why, but my black-gold P24 and Tortoiseshell Akerfeldt seem to satisfy my need for "brown-ish" colors in my guitar color palette.

Maybe I need to see one in person, much the same way that Burnt Mapleleaf was something I really didn't appreciate until I saw one in person (the SSH I picked up at Exp 2018) - though I do think that the particular implementation of the finish on my SSH is a bit different from others that I have seen, and therefore it appealed to me because of that.

e.g.: my SSH in Burnt Mapleleaf (top image) vs an image borrowed from the Internet (bottom) that was what I had thought was typical:

leNf3Oc.jpg

1490872937-34634700.jpg

Maybe that second image is just over-enhanced?
Must be over-enhanced. That looks like Charcoal Cherry, to me.

Ahhhhh Well said Les !

Every time I see some guitars that simply meld well with their finishes - yours included - I think, “Gee, I should’ve ordered one like THAT!”

At the same time, I realize I have some great sounding guitars, and nothing to complain about. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!

Every time I see some guitars that simply meld well with their finishes - yours included - I think, “Gee, I should’ve ordered one like THAT!”

At the same time, I realize I have some great sounding guitars, and nothing to complain about. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!

C’mon Les, you have “The Hammer” and that acoustic is delicious.

Also don’t forget you have “Studio Craptastic”;).

Back