Control Layout Preferences

OsirisProtocol

10 o'Clubs
What kind of a control layout and pickup configuration do you guys prefer on your guitars? Master volume and master tone controls, push/pull, mini toggles, H/H, H/S/H, etc? We all use our instruments for different applications and have different needs live, in the studio or playing at home so lets hear what you guys prefer.

I personally like to have two volumes controls using standard potentiometers and two tone controls with push/pull potentiometers on guitars with a dual humbucker setup. I usually wire up my tone controls to split their respective humbucker and sometimes I wire the bridge volume if use a push/pull pot to act as a series/parallel switch.

Two volumes, one tone, splitters for each humbucker set. Sort of a cross between PRS DGT and Carvin DC127.
OTOH, I love the current CU24 setup.

Mikey Mods- Volume, Tone, Blend laid out like a DGT. 5-way with Artist V Switching, positioned like a 305. Works great with a pair of humbuckers, 3 pickups like the narrowfields on the ME III, and I should find out soon how it works with 408s...

DSC_0229.jpg

Mikey Mods- Volume, Tone, Blend laid out like a DGT. 5-way with Artist V Switching, positioned like a 305. Works great with a pair of humbuckers, 3 pickups like the narrowfields on the ME III, and I should find out soon how it works with 408s...

DSC_0229.jpg
I really like this control lay out.
IT's funny, the only thing I don't like 100% about PRS guitars are where they place the pick up switches. Most of the models, the pick up switch is in a "safe" place, where I think is more like a hiding place. I wish they are placed in a more easy to use position. Look at the he Starla, JA15 and the SCHB for example. Wouldn't it be much better if they just have the pick up switch in the same place where they put it on the SC58?

Woundtight, those are some incredible guitars! Love that layout for knobs and switching, too.

Back