Changing prs s2 switchblade

carpercen

1. Hi I'd like to ask if someone knows if this switchblade will fit my guitar:

https://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/shop/product/oak-grigsby-5-way-super-switch

I'm upgrading my pickups for juggernauts and want to change my 3 way blade for a 5 way, but I don't know if this will fit the PRS S2 custom 24. Could someone help me please :(? According to the guys at bare knuckle:

"blade switches are different size. Ours are a 'double wafer' design:

Like a regular strat switch but wider as it has two rows.

Most switches have the same mounting screw holes."

Hope someone can help

Thanks

I've used that switch in several guitars that had blade 3 ways. As long as there's enough room in the wiring
cavity you're fine. It depends on the routing on your guitar. It's usually a hidden area with a little room for
grinding/chipping out a notch or two to give you some room if it's not a direct plug and play fit.

I haven't had a guitar it wouldn't fit in yet. However, I haven't used one on a Strat.

Thanks buddy!!
Btw do you know if covered juggernauts round fit the pups cavity?
Thanks

FWIW, my S2 Studio has a factory Super Switch.
44242109444_f17edd6949_h.jpg

This is interesting to know.

How do you have it wired? Did it drop straight in?

There is plenty of room for a super switch on the Standards. They use it on the Studio to get bridge/neck in the middle position.

I don't know if the regular super switch will fit in the S2 Customs, but there are other options. The Schaller Megaswitch M will drop right in just about anywhere. There is also a 2-pole super switch (half super switch) that doesn't take up much space and may still give the wiring options you want, like splitting the humbuckers.

The guitar came with the Super switch from the factory.

It is wired like this; pup switch positions - 1 is bridge, 2 is bridge/middle, 3 is bridge/neck, 4 is middle/neck, 5 is neck. Positions 1, 2, and 3 can be bridge split by pulling up on the tone knob. (split not shown in drawing). BTW, there are 8 pup combinations, although some sites say 7, it is actually 8.

31139084868_d909f4dd85_h.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Garrett, that makes sense.

The guitar came with the Super switch from the factory.

It is wired like this; pup switch positions - 1 is bridge, 2 is bridge/middle, 3 is bridge/neck, 4 is middle/neck, 5 is neck. Positions 1, 2, and 3 can be bridge split by pulling up on the tone knob. (split not shown in drawing). BTW, there are 8 pup combinations, although some sites say 7, it is actually 8.

Well I'm surprised it comes from the factory!

Did you make that diagram just for us? If so many thanks!

Back