Changing Floyd to Evertune

Berten

Hi all,

For 9 months I've been struggling with a PRS SE with Floyd which will simply not stay in tune after 2 minutes of playing. I've been interested in the Evertune bridges and I've seen on the ESP message board there are quite a few people who've had their Floyd bridge changed.

what would you guys think? has someone already did this to an SE?

I bought a torero a while back and the Floyd on it doesn't stay in tune like it should. The bass side is higher than treble side and I think the Floyd should be level in order to work correctly. That's my thought anyway.

I bought a torero a while back and the Floyd on it doesn't stay in tune like it should. The bass side is higher than treble side and I think the Floyd should be level in order to work correctly. That's my thought anyway.

That would make sense, I think.

I'd love to try an evertune, but I don't like having to cut up one of my guitars to do it!

Floyds will stay in tune. Change the springs to real German Schaller springs. I have a Torero that would not hold a perfect tune. Ordered new springs from the FloydRose website and tossed the Korean springs in the trash. Problem solved.

I only own guitars with Floyds. None of them have issues staying in tune. They stay in tune better than other guitars to me but I know others that truly hate them so......

Floyds will stay in tune. Change the springs to real German Schaller springs. I have a Torero that would not hold a perfect tune. Ordered new springs from the FloydRose website and tossed the Korean springs in the trash. Problem solved.

I only own guitars with Floyds. None of them have issues staying in tune. They stay in tune better than other guitars to me but I know others that truly hate them so......

I haven't had time to mess with mine. I have had floyds in the past and they've always performed well so I'll level the thing and put some good springs on it and see what happens.

This guitar is going to get a passive pickup treatment.

My Floyd Rose on the Torero is higher on the bass string side than the treble string side as I set the action low. My other guitars are the same. I set the posts for string height so that should not be an issue for returning to tune. One thing though, make sure you set it up to be level front to back by balancing the string and spring tension. One reason I stay with the same brand and gauge of strings.

+1 for taking it to a tech. Good to have a fresh (and expert, because you HAVE vetted your tech guy, have you not?) pair of eyes, they'll probably spot something that you've missed.

Also, springs may be a thing.

My Floyd Rose on the Torero is higher on the bass string side than the treble string side as I set the action low. My other guitars are the same. I set the posts for string height so that should not be an issue for returning to tune. One thing though, make sure you set it up to be level front to back by balancing the string and spring tension. One reason I stay with the same brand and gauge of strings.

That's good to know. Maybe it really needs good springs. It does need to be leveled, it's off a tiny bit.

I don't know where all my free time goes.......it seems to take me a long time to get guitar projects done. I still have new pickups to put in my Mccarty and ce24.

Back