Carlos Santana PG Rig Rundown

That was great. great testament to the tuning stability not to have an emergency tuner out on stage!! :congrats:

I'm not exaggerating, but my santana with just the regular SE bridge literally stays so perfectly in tune even after dropping the arm as far as it'll go to the point that i cannot hear any changes in tuning ! I slotted the nut due to the slots being too high. But it's otherwise the stock nut and i have never even lubed it. And the trem is decked at the rear. But i have always decked every strat i've had which is a LOT of strats, and not one could do that. I'm well versed in setting trems up and modding them and all, but never have I have a trem i could dive bomb as far as it goes over and over with no perceptible change ! It floors me. Now if i did a few dives then checked it with a tuner i wouldn't be surprised to find some strings very slightly out. But I've been playing for 40+ years so my ears are very sensitive to tuning, yet I cannot hear any change, so if it is out it's so slight it doesn't even matter. Simply amazing.

I've never been a big trem fan, and I hate Floyds (big ugly things) but you're selling me on getting a PRS with a trem. Did the PRS guys really come up with a design that works that well without all clamps and micro tuners?

Back