Canadian to US ?

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
Have an of the US folks purchased from a Canadian shop , if so wondering if customs is a hassle ? Found a dream guitar up there ... checking if the reverb listing is in canadian or us $ too ..

thanks all , it was in USD still on my watch list .. a rosewood neck DGT I really need a Brown paisley case to match my amp ...perhaps I'll just spring for the case ..
jdccuxede9beg6qhewpd.jpg

thanks all , it was in USD still on my watch list .. a rosewood neck DGT I really need a Brown paisley case to match my amp ...perhaps I'll just spring for the case ..
jdccuxede9beg6qhewpd.jpg
That thing is outrageously hot! I’d do that in a hot minute, and the Mrs would be so pissed!

Last edited:
I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I got a New SG Modern and the Rosewood neck McSoapy in the last month .... and nah not AC/DC ... Tommy Bolin ....

My 2009 McSoaparina, bought used, came from a Canadian shop shipped to Louisiana. According to Tech Support it has a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard. That wasn't a part of the description so it may have been overlooked at that time. There were no issues with customs that I was aware of, but the guitar did spend almost two weeks sitting in a warehouse at the border waiting to clear customs.

I was recently told by a PRS shop in Canada that they can't sell to the US. I assume it's a dealer stipulation or something. This was for new PRS gear not used.

I've bought many times from shops and individuals from Canada. Customs has been easy but the experience can vary.

Back