Can I get advice/opinions on a 24 fret PRS please

I'v only had two 24 fret PRSii--a CE24 with the rotary and a Mira. I still have the Mira (and was playing it early is evening). If I've been away from the Mira, it takes me a little bit to get back the the 24 fret neck. I find myself off by a couple frets in the higher registers. :)

Once I get used to the 24, I fall in love with it again.

The rotary? Never liked it. I appreciate it's role and the uniqueness of the design, but I never got comfortable and consistent. I was always clicking back and forth. It just isn't my thing. Try it and see what you think.

Good luck and share what you end up with.

If you like the guitar and decide the rotary doesn't work well, you could always change it to a 3 way toggle/coil tap like the McCarty has. Different sounds but a little easier operation for some people. Just something to consider if that particular guitar speaks to you. Check out as many different options as possible!

The rotary is a pain in the a** but I love the sounds you get out of it...never could bring myself to convert.

The newer Custom 24s are nice, but the in-between sounds don't speak to me the way the older ones do...probably more the wiring than the switching mechanism though.

My first PRS was a 1992 Custom 24, so when I fell, I fell hard for the 24F wide thin rotary combination...I had an LP Custom, ES335 and Mexican Strat at the time...so that combo will always be PRS to me, no matter what changes come down the line.

Happy hunting :)

I like them, Ive had a couple standard 24s and a custom 24, for me they feel a little weird for my strumming hand because the bridge and knobs are slightly out further than my custom 22s, which feel perfect for me. The 24 fret neck felt more "stratty" though, perhaps from being slightly further out from the body. If you go that route, I personally think its worth hunting up one with a regular neck - but none of mine have had it.
Interestingly, I've found the Miras and Santana Ive tried to be the more comfortable 24 fretter for me on the strumming hand for some reason - but I haven't yet owned one so perhaps my feeling could change.
All that said, I don't really NEED 24 frets - some people would tell me I need 22 frets in fact, to avoid the meedlys...

To be honest, if the Custom 24 were the only PRS I'd tried, and it was at one point, I'd still have a mess of vintage guitars instead.

I am very happy with both the McCarty and DC3.... what I like about a 24 fret guitar is the feel of the strings.... the tension on them (to me) is not quite the same as a 22 fret. the strings feel what I can only describe as springy. as I have come to appreciate PRS build quality and sound I thought a 24 might be the way to go. though I have absolutely no problem bending or shimmering chords with the 22's, and the bolt on neck of the DC3 allows for a nice tremolo vibe while playing chords while pushing down on the fingerboard.

Just pick-up a 2000 PRS Custom 24 10 Top in Emerald Green with the rotary switch, take a little to get use to it. I think it looks better than blade switch, plus I like the pick-up switching options. My Fender and Gibson have blade and toggle, so its a nice change. I know post is old, hope you got your dream guitar, I got mine !!!

Just pick-up a 2000 PRS Custom 24 10 Top in Emerald Green with the rotary switch, take a little to get use to it. I think it looks better than blade switch, plus I like the pick-up switching options. My Fender and Gibson have blade and toggle, so its a nice change. I know post is old, hope you got your dream guitar, I got mine !!!

congrats and enjoy it! I like the rotary switch... and the tones you get from it.

Back