Breaking silence: Some S2 models...Too much pick guard!

Yup the whole range has been very expertly created. And I think along with the SE, it's an important key for PRS to rival Gibson and Fender.

But I do think the S2 look classy, surpassing the SE. It's the little details, the headstock signature, the elegant iPhone-ish look. Very well done.

I wish I could have one. Too bad I've got no more room!

I really like that the headstock signature is on the S2 line. It's very classy, sets off the headstock, and identifies the product. For all of the nice features of my SE, I nevertheless always thought that the SE logo was awkward in appearance and inconsistent with the aesthetic quality of everything else PRS does. A script font for the "SE" would be nicer, or simply using the PRS initials, rather than the signature, much like the amp lines. My SE TRC has PRS on it, but I understand that isn't happening anymore.

Personally, I like the large pick guards on the S2's. (I also prefer the larger ones on the SG's as well). When I first saw them, my immediate reaction was, wow, I like the look! I do think they look slightly better on the solid colors, but nice non the less.

Back