Blue Green (Artist Pack colour) in the wild?

In pictures it sometimes looks more blue and sometimes more green. Imagine that.

Yeah, it reminds me of Teal Black. It could be more blue, or more green, depending on the light. In this pic of my ex-HB it looks green on top, and not really blue at all.

oLBsdxj.jpg

I thought yours was Turquoise like mine?

1Sl47J9l.jpg

Anyways, to me Blue Green looks darker like Teal Black, but more defined.

They sure look like twins. Here's what the birth certificate says:

Model: Hollowbody II
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide/Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Straight Stoptail
Color: Teal Black
Hardware: Nickel
Treble Pickup: Archtop
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: Archtop
Electronics: JA-15 or HB 12 String or Archtop or HB or SC-J

They sure look like twins. Here's what the birth certificate says:

Model: Hollowbody II
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide/Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Straight Stoptail
Color: Teal Black
Hardware: Nickel
Treble Pickup: Archtop
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: Archtop
Electronics: JA-15 or HB 12 String or Archtop or HB or SC-J

Teal Black and Turquoise were oddly close in color. Weird that they were concurrent options.

You guys have me curious. For the longest time this artist package color on the list was blue green fade, which I know is none of what you guys have. The colors I see above are teal black, abalone, faded abalone, and turquoise. I am wondering if the artist list is correct? Blue Green fade was an option for many years, which of course is nothing like what you guys have posted above.

My newest addition is Blue Green. Love it -- and it varies pretty wildly depending on the lighting.

Here's MODCAT checking QC:

rYzY1j3g.jpg
Mod Cat!
The most effectual!
Mod Cat!
Who's intellectual!*
Close friends get to call her "M.C.,"
Providing it's with dignity!

Mod Cat!
The indisputable leader of the gang.
She’s the boss, she’s a VIP, she’s a championship.
She’s the most tip top,
Mod Cat!

Last edited:
But, wtf? Blue Green is not purple!
Neither is black gold burst or bonnie pink, and if you search on "black gold dusty chalk" or "pink dusty chalk", you may notice me say a few things that do not elevate, empower, embolden, or glorify the colour purple.

(shrug)

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah, when there are colours that are close together, I fully expect there to be some variance that would cause overlap, I just wanted to get an idea.

Do you remember back when Crayola had the large box of crayons, there were two colours in there, "blue green" and "green blue". Those were always my favourite, because they would start arguments, like, "I think they should call blue green green blue and green blue blue green because blue green is bluer than green blue", and ended with, "nuh-uh, I'm telling mom". And then I'd go eat the Evergreen one, which was right in the middle.

Neither is black gold burst or bonnie pink, and if you search on "black gold dusty chalk" or "pink dusty chalk", you may notice me say a few things that do not elevate, empower, embolden, or glorify the colour purple.

(shrug)

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah, when there are colours that are close together, I fully expect there to be some variance that would cause overlap, I just wanted to get an idea.

Do you remember back when Crayola had the large box of crayons, there were two colours in there, "blue green" and "green blue". Those were always my favourite, because they would start arguments, like, "I think they should call blue green green blue and green blue blue green because blue green is bluer than green blue", and ended with, "nuh-uh, I'm telling mom". And then I'd go eat the Evergreen one, which was right in the middle.
You’ve been taking lessons from @ScottR ;)

(shrug)

Ooooooooo........pink guitars! <3. The world can't have enough!

Mod Cat!
The most effectual!
Mod Cat!
Who's intellectual!*
Close friends get to call her "M.C.,"
Providing it's with dignity!

Mod Cat!
The indisputable leader of the gang.
She’s the boss, he's a VIP, she’s a championship.
She’s the most tip top,
Mod Cat!

Hah, nicely done. :D Always loved that theme (and show).

Back