Birds? I've got bats!!

Mixstar

Just too tired . . .
Reference: this. I didn't get any feedback from the guy selling the Torero but I found this within a couple of miles of my house:

It's a 2007 SE Paul Allender signature in purple burst.

with bats:p

Nice and shiny.

I think these two may get along!

It's only been in the house two hours but, as far as I can tell everything is fine and dandy. It looks good and sounds good too and it was very cheap! The pup screws are a bit manky and not (gold) plated so I'll order some tomorrow but that's about all that needs doing. I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:
I've gone back and forth on the Paul Allender. Not sure why I don't have one. I should probably get one.

Very nice.

I want pterodactyls.

Nice score! Almost picked up one of the "newer" ones with the beveled top a year or two back when they were on clearance. I dig the purple burst. Good luck with her.

Congrats. One of those was my first prs. Had that and a newer one for awhile (green burst). Still have the purple one.
Lots of folks here bash the bats, but I think they rock..

Nice score are these bats made from the same material as other SE's?

they look more brilliant

emot-dance.gif

Try getting one out of your house! Nice guitar. like the purple.

I just noticed this morning that the binding compliments the 'gold' fittings.

It's not a brilliant pic but I think you'll see what I mean?

Nice!

I like the bats.

I've wanted one of these for a while, could never decide on the original passive pickups with flat top or newer active pups with beveled top. I should probably get one with active pups, since I don't have any active pup guitars (other than piezo-equipped axes).

Oh, and I am also going to steal that pterodactyl joke. Too funny...

From a creative and artistic point of view, I've felt they were extremely impressive. Especially on a 'budget' instrument (PRS quality once again...)

9111.jpg

9113.jpg

...and for reference, an old pic of when I still had both mine.
When it came time to trade one in on something else, I chose to keep the original. Just sounded better to me...

prs%252520se%252520pa.jpg

Basically an SE Custom 24 with bats, afaik.... Awesome rock machine!

Nice score are these bats made from the same material as other SE's? they look more brilliant
I don't know, they have hi-lighting on them in black (see xjbebop's pis's they're better than mine) to bring out the bat shape and they are larger than the standard bird ones so maybe that's it?

@xjbebop: Are the pole pieces on your purple one (gold) plated?

Back