Best Guitar Comment Ever.

László

Too Many Notes
I mentioned this in passing in the Acoustic guitar thread I recently posted, but since it's about an electric guitar I have to repeat it here.

The other night I had a wonderful singer who's also a damn fine guitar player over for a vocal session for a project I'm working on. My friend Liz is a well known recording artist who has won numerous awards, and made a UK magazine "Most influential women in rock" list.

After we got the vocal tracks down, we got to talking about tone, and she asked about some of my gear. I demo'd the PRS acoustic, but also pulled out the McCarty Singlecut, and played a few tracks I recorded with it.

When I demo'd it through the DG30 I got the best tone compliment I have EVER gotten:

"You sound like a god on that thing!"

Boys, no greater compliment has ever been paid a guitar as far as I'm concerned... ;)

I did not tell her that the guitar's name is The Hammer Of The Gods.

Why? Is God a good guitarist?

Considering that the term, a god, refers to what I'd consider a mythical being to whom one can ascribe any characteristics one desires, in order enhance the mythology, I'd say the answer is an emphatic yes.

The a god to whom she referred is an excellent guitar player with superb tone. See you in Valhalla.

Ok, I was going to make a wisecrack when I posted that, that "if she's hot it will make this all that much greater" but figured I hadn't been around long enough and someone may not take it as a joke.

However, I'm now ready to say "DANG!" Just DANG!!!! (and, HOLY CRAP!)

I have it on good authority that the only guitars allowed in heaven are PRS and Taylor. If I'm really good, my mansion there will look like Markie's basement! :laugh:

Back