Belated NGD: I bought a PRS S2 Standard 24 Surf Green w/ Dot Inlays

i know the available colors, the question is if they can do it specifically for customer.

AFAIK, they won't make it for you in that color - "Production" guitars are available only in the listed colors, with no customization - especially the S2 line (the core line has the Artist Package to allow the full range of available colors, and there are special dealer runs, plus you can always go Private Stock...).

However, as drdoom8793 stated, you could buy the guitar, and then for an additional fee (probably $400 to $500, but I'm just guessing, could be a lot more, I can't see it being much less) the PTC will re-finish it for you.

Hey, congrats to your new guitar!

I'm eyeballing the Standard 24 myself.
Just a quick question since you already have pulled the pickguard: How is the routing of the pickups and electronics cavities?
I'm asking because it would be cool to make a H/S/H version which would be easy if it's more of a "swimming pool" route already... :)

It's a standard HH route, and not particularly deep ones either. I had to drill a tiny amount of wood out for my height adjustment screws. Yeah, I could have shortened them, but I believe that guitars are meant to be worked on, not to be afraid of.

That's what I thought...thanks!

With a little woodwork underneath the pickguard it's still possible I guess... :D

Back