Archon 25 noise

Brian289

I just got a brand new archon 25 combo and it sounds fantastic. Ive had it about a week now more or less and the more i play it the more i notice the noise on the lead and clean channels is getting noticeably louder every day. Is this common? Its not BAD but its definitely a noticeable change compared to when i first got it in. I dont use that much gain its always set at 10oclock. Also i constantly have the loop engaged as well for my eq pedal. The clean channel is noisier too. Any thoughts? Should i send it back for another one or should i just throw a noise gate in the loop? Thats the plan anyway im going to get a fortin zuul next week.

Start by using just your guitar and cable. See what the noise is like.
Switch to another guitar. See what the noise is like.
Change cables. See what the noise is like
Add the EQ back into the loop. See what the noise is like.

I would test these other external factors before worrying the amp is the source of the noise.

Also make sure your amp is properly grounded.

Could also be a preamp tube that needs replaced.

I feel dumb lol. I didnt even think to try this. I never had any problems with my cords so far but i just checked all of them out straight into the amp and sure enough it was the cheapo cable that came with my holcomb se. had it for like 3 years now so i guess it served its purpose. Swapped it out with a better quality one and now its quiet as can be.

Back