Archon 25 Combo Impedance confusion

fnaw

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, this is my first post.

I just purchased a Archon 25 combo, fantastic amp! At night I run it through a rock crusher and into head phones - unbelievable tones.

When playing though the built in speaker I'm confused about which impedance to set the amp to. When it arrived it was set at 8 ohm but the speaker said 16 ohm, so I would think that at full power (25 watt) it should be set at 16 ohm AND from what I understand from the manual when at half power it should be set at 8 ohm? The rock crusher is simple just set the amp and full power and everything at 16 ohm.

Thanks,
Frank

Received this from PRS.
"Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. You will not need to change the impedance when switching to half power. Keeping it set at 16ohms would be the correct setting for both settings."

11072777_1570138083255568_1243781658420435345_n.jpg

Putting an amp and other gear on a wire rack is a great space saving idea, but I've always wondered if the thing rattles when you play. Does it?

Well, normally in the past I had just a head there and cabinet sitting next to it but with my new home studio I had to condense. No rattles, maybe the carpet helps (hate carpet) or I don't play load enough anymore.

Back