Anyone with 85/15s?

HarrySound

It's big ask I know but is it possible at all that someone could record some dry signal from their 85/15s ?preferably in a custom 24

Anything from Hendrixy Blues to John Mayer swish to MetallicA chugging would be really helpful.

tHe reason is I want to pass it through my amp modelling to get an idea as how they would sound.

I don't have 85/15s, but that is a cool idea. Never thought about that, but that would be really neat - to have some dry, direct recordings that you could sample in your own rig just to get an idea of how they might sound. Not quite as good as getting them in your hands, but if you can't...

Yeah.
I currently have Tremonti in the bridge and Vintage bass in the neck of my PRS SE so I'll record some dry signal of those for download if anyone else has the same idea as me.

Nearest location is 70 miles away. One local guitar shop just does the bog standard boring Gibsons and Fenders (cheap ones) and the other guitar shop only has CE 24s. I'm think of going in tomorrow and trying a CE 24 to get a flavour. If i'm impressed then i'll buy the Custom 24 i've been looking (drooling) at.

Hey I like your tunes. We should do a collaboration :)
It's not to far removed from some of my own stuff actually.
That track you posted reminded me of the vibe I got from this.....(one of my favourites )

As for tone. I like it. I just need to hear it for myself I guess. I'm just worried about high end but I guess with a Tremonti pickup I already got that high end right?

I like that track you posted, HarrySound! Nice!

The thing I love about the 85/15s is that there is clarity and openness in the top end (that really doesn't show very well in the track I linked, partly because I didn't open the volume up all the way on the guitar - I usually play around 5-6 on the guitar volume- and partly because of the warm, rolled-off vibe I was going for there).

Instead of screaming top end, you get what I think is a beautiful top end.

I currently have guitars with the Paul's 408s, the 57/08s, and the 58/15s, plus the 85/15s. But going back to 1991, I think I've had almost all the PRS pickups. I love all the ones I currently have, but I do have a special place for the 85/15s. Remarkably cool and versatile pickups.

Last edited:
Back