Anyone letting facial hair grow out for "Movember?"

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
In case you did not know, November/Movember is letting your facial hair grow out to bring awareness to prostrate cancer in men.
I did it a few years ago with some others from my forum and also from work.
http://us.movember.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember

Chappers and the Captain are participating this year.

Chappers & Capt Lee grow random facial hair - Movember

Shot of me from fall of 2011, last time my head was buzzed too :D
It has been growing out since then without a haircut.

me.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My work doesn't allow any facial hair so it's been 19 years since I've grown out my beard. I used to grow it out every winter. Of course I was 24 the last time I grew one and it looked more mangy coyote than grizzly bear.

I'm in!

My office has about 5 guys in on Movember this year. It's interesting, because we're on the more "business" side of business casual and its unusual to see so many scraggly beards at once!

I already have random facial hair, but I may let the bead grow in... Just to freak out the wifey...

I usually grow the beard out this time of year. I'm 2-3 weeks in right now.

I started the 1st week in September. I would wear a beard year round just for the sake of minimal maintenance. However, it's just about unbearable in the Phoenix summertime. Some hipster types around here have big burly lumberjack beards all summer. I don't know how they do it.

I can't remember the last time I went more than a day without shaving. Not sure I want to start a new trend.

My work doesn't allow any facial hair so it's been 19 years since I've grown out my beard. I used to grow it out every winter. Of course I was 24 the last time I grew one and it looked more mangy coyote than grizzly bear.

Wow! What workplace doesn't allow facial hair?

I already sort of did for an acting gig. I don't think it's going to go much further, but we'll see. (I am the guy behind the cow's ass.)
DSC_0274-XL.jpg

Well, I kind of got lazy last week and so stopped shaving. I work from home nearly full time, so not an issue getting scraggly. I neatened the beard a bit, so I guess I'm in for the month.

Moustache? Yes.

Beard? Well, about the only way I'm going to get a beard is turn gay and have a woman pretend to be with me.

Some years ago I had a "beard" for a couple years. To show how effective it was, the day I shaved it off, my wife came home from work and didn't say a word. Finally at the end of dinner, I said, "Well?" She said, "What?" I pointed and she said..."What?" I finally said "I shaved the beard." She said, "You did? DId you trim it? OH!"

It's that impressive.

Back