Anyone else a Satriani fan?

lgk1208

I totally dig Satriani's tone. New album out soon and this is one single off it. I love it.
What would be the best PRS amp to get myself going in the direction of getting close to his tone. Understanding he's got alot of pedals involved too and uses Marshall amps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. I've got the Satchurator pedal, too. But I keep it dialed all the way to zero and just add it to "Satchurate" my tone when doing solos.

Big Satch fan! Surfing with the alien came out just as my skill level allowed me to truly appreciate his genius. Also really like his protege and fellow alien Steve Vai. As a huge Metallica fan in their early years I also enjoyed Satch's impact on Kirk Hammett. The solos on And Justice For All represent IMHO the peak of Kirks career. Sadly Kirk soon forgot the lessons learned at the feet of maestro Satch and his addiction to the wah petal took over his life. For those not overly familiar with Satch check out his "Greatest Hits CD" called The Electric Joe Satriani An Anthology. Soooo many tasty tracks!

I like Joe, and I'm a big fan of his tones. He playing usually has a warmth and melody to me that I don't hear coming from a lot of other people in the 'shredder' camp. I really like "Summer Song", and I have to hear it on a regular basis.

Goldtop

I like Joe, and I'm a big fan of his tones. He playing usually has a warmth and melody to me that I don't hear coming from a lot of other people in the 'shredder' camp. I really like "Summer Song", and I have to hear it on a regular basis.

Goldtop
I totally agree with that. I tend to think of his music as it's own genre. I really like "Summer Song" too. One of my favs

Last edited:
Surfing with the Alien, Flying in a Blue Dream and The Extremist were my favorites cd's for a very long time. I don't know if it was me who got tired of Joe or Joe stopped doing interesting stuff, fact is, I spent a long time not listening or interested in his work. But that song you posted made me want to buy his music again. thanx!

The new single doesn't light my fire, but Black Swans & Wormhole Wizards was the best thing he's ever put out, just solid gold all the way through (I even tracked down the special Best Buy edition for the two extra tracks), so I'm real interested in hearing the new album.

I adore Satriani. His album "The Extremist" is one of my favorite records of all time. I also really, really dig the "Time Machine" record. I like the rest of his stuff but these two are my favorites. I remember the first time I saw a JS1000 in person. I almost lost it. That was my dream guitar for a long, long time. Satch rules!

I love joes work. I was watching extreme on dish the other day and was reminded how good nuno is. His skills are mindblowing.

Back