Any Recent Changes to the CE 24 Compared to 2021?

Guithartic

I'd love to see Sweetwater's write-up from 2021 and see if these "updates" are new to 2024 models or if this is the same as one from 3 years ago.

The current write-up on Sweetwater says,
"The CE 24’s TCI-tuned 85/15 pickup set and updated switching system let you blaze through versatile tonal options onstage, which range from hard-rock humbucker drive to sensuous single-coil leads."

"Each set of pickups has been ear-tuned to perfection by Paul and his team, a process known as Tuned Capacitance and Inductance (TCI). The end result is a very musical pickup that’s true to its lineage but updated for the modern player."

"PRS has retooled the finish process for their latest models. Taking cues from Private Stock finishes that entail high-gloss nitro over a cellulose CAB basecoat, the result is a finish that's thin, durable, and crystal clear — the perfect formula for vintage feel and superior resonance that lets tonewoods breathe." and "A faithful modern update of the PRS classic CE 24 electric guitar."

Last edited:
It becomes Deadwood

Screen-shot-2011-01-26-at-5-37-53-PM-400x400.png

The only changes since the 2016 re-introduction have been switching from poly to nitro finish and from 85/15 pickups to 85/15 TCI pickups. Each of those happened a few years ago.

Maybe they've started including the nicer gig bag? I don't know.

85/15 pickups to 85/15 TCI pickups.
I saw a Dylan Talks Tone video on YouTube, where he bought a guitar with TCI pickups. I think they may have just been labeled TCI, not 85/15 TCI. He took out the pickups and electronics and examined and found nothing different from any other pickups. Then he went on to explain that Tuned Capacitance and Inductance is something that all manufacturers do to all of their pickups. They tune them for capacitance and inductance to get the sound that they like, and that calling a pickup TCI is a marketing thing to make them sound special, like saying that this fancy car has a fuel injection engine, when all engines on any car are fuel injected.

Back