Anniversary of D-Day

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
Hello everyone. Today - June 6th - marks the 70th anniversary of The Allied Invasion of Normandy aka D-Day. Wherever you are in the world, if you enjoy your freedom please take some time to remember those who fought to secure that freedom. Every day, hundreds of these veterans pass away. So before it's too late I urge you to do whatever you can for them to show your appreciation. Many of these people have no family or loved ones left and they're all alone in the world. Show them that someone remembers and cares and is thinking of them.

Also, please remember the veterans of more recent eras. If you see a veteran, or someone still serving, go to them and thank them. Shake their hand, buy their lunch or a cup of coffee, or maybe even that guitar strap you saw them looking at in the store. No matter how much we do for these brave men and women, they deserve more.

To Every Veteran or Current Member of The Military - Thank You!

http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/d-day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy_landings

Lloyd/Goldtop

P.S. - I imagine there are a number of members of this forum who served their country, and there may even be some who are still on active duty or in the reserves. To you folks I say Thank You.

Here, Here!!!!! Thank you for posting this. I glad someone else took the care to post this. I was in the process of making a thread myself! God Bless

Here, Here!!!!! Thank you for posting this. I glad someone else took the care to post this. I was in the process of making a thread myself! God Bless
You're welcome. I didn't mean to interrupt. Mine probably isn't written as well as yours would be. I can ask the mods to delete the thread if you like. No trouble.

Lloyd

My grandfathers were both in the Navy, and both served in the Pacific. Luckily they both made it out alive so they could go on to make my parents!

my father and 3 uncles were in WWII, 1 uncle died a few years after the war as a result of the shrapnel wounds he recieved in france. except for the over 50 crowd, if you want to see how people really appreciate what we did, go to western europe, especially france. they still believe in taking the school children to the cemetary's and teaching them about the US liberation forces sacrifices, and how there freedom was taken back with the allies help. in this country, it's a joke. you might as well wipe your a$$ with the fairy tale history books we teach (and "teach" is really stretching it) our kids with. their too busy with facebook, twitter, texting and staring at their cell phone to give a flying fu**! it's all anceint history and "dont live in the past man" to them. those people were called " the greatest generation" for a reason. because they were!!!!!!!

Back