Amp for P22 Piezp

Russ62

I have a PRS P22 with a LR baggs Piezo transducer system, My question is can I run this on my SE20 amp are sould I run it through a acoustic are pa amp. Why Iam asking this is I want to get get the best sound out of this wonderful guitar. I keep hearing that a full range PA is best.

Yes, you can run it through your guitar amp and it sounds decent. To really make the piezo sound best, it should go through an acoustic amp or PA (he difference in tone is AMAZING!). I haven't played around with any of the modern acoustic amps since I have a PA here and at the rehearsal space. Get a good DI (I like the LR Baggs Para DI for the flexibility it adds) and run straight into the board.

What year is your P22? 57/08s or 53/10s?

Good luck, and show us the guitar if you can. We all love to appreciate (read: drool) over everyone's gear!

It has 53/10 and was made in 2012, Have not ben able to post pic yet. Thanks for your information and help I will try a acoustic amp soon. I have 5 other PRS guitars 2-SE24, 2-SAS and a Torero) all of them are great.

Cool. I love the 53/10s in mine. Very cool pups.

If you are having problems posting pics, check the sticky posts for some tips. I use a photobucket account, and it's pretty simple. Look for the IMG link. Here's my P22. You can reply with quote and see what the IMG tag looks like.
P22Front.jpg

Very nice guitar, the color on mine is Makena Blue. I also like the 53/10 pups, I use Mangan nickel wound 10-46 strings. I hope to be able to send pic of all my PRS guitars soon.

I use a wireless system with my P22 and HBII. it already acts a Direct box. to my connection to my PA is really nice. but you can indeed run the mix output to the clean channel of you SE20 and it will make things very easy and sound pretty good too. I did that when I played on someone else's PA. This also allows you to use your effects...
P22T_AP_Front-195x272.jpg
HBII_v2_front-308x371.jpg

I like running into the PA with a volume pedal and Radial DI box in between. I also have my piezo input going thru 1 side of a stereo Boss looper pedal. So I can loop a piezo only part and fade in piezo part with the volume pedal. It's the most versatile. Not you can certainly do all the same into an acoustic amp. I just figure, it's one less amp to carry and easier mix control in the PA for me. Can also add compression, eq or any effects on the PA if desired. If you're just playing by yourself, an acoustic amp is best option for that separation from the magnetic pickup/amp. Maybe someone can suggest an acoustic amp that uses one?

Back