Am I missing something????

I read this as the guitar weighing 130lb! Jeez, do you play solid gold guitars.

Obviously it’s a “mute point”, as I realise that I misread your post sorry Coco!:D

I'll send you the picture on the day I can:

a. afford one and
b. persuade PRS to build me one.

Of course won't happen as I would rather spend the money on a bunch of guitars. I was brought up with lucky bags, quantity over quality here ;)

What does lucky bags mean? I looked it up and can’t tell if you’re talking about a brand of purse or Australian slang for a handbag made out of kangaroo scrotum.

Never thought about the roobag ….. a lucky bag was / is a paper bag full of lucky dip sweets and a plastic toy. Cheap, mostly rubbish but the price meant your got more stuff for your money overall so if you just wanted a load of sweets and didn't care what they were, a lucky bag was the way to go. And no chasing kangeroos around Liverpool. Which was something of a bonus.

Never thought about the roobag ….. a lucky bag was / is a paper bag full of lucky dip sweets and a plastic toy. Cheap, mostly rubbish but the price meant your got more stuff for your money overall so if you just wanted a load of sweets and didn't care what they were, a lucky bag was the way to go. And no chasing kangeroos around Liverpool. Which was something of a bonus.

Thanks! I love all kinds of slang, so you’ve given me my new phrase of the day.

What does lucky bags mean? I looked it up and can’t tell if you’re talking about a brand of purse or Australian slang for a handbag made out of kangaroo scrotum.

Genuine giggle and yes I went visual!

I forgot about “lucky bags”!

@Cocorosa I don’t think you’re being truthful about quantity over quality. We know some of the lovely guitars you have!

Besides how resonant would a gold guitar be?!:confused:

But I bet you would still “dimebag” it!;)

Last edited:
Genuine giggle and yes I went visual!

I forgot about “lucky bags”!

@Cocorosa I don’t think you’re being truthful about quantity over quality. We know some of the lovely guitars you have!

I am. My recent guitar buying behaviour has been slightly out of character for me, for which I totally blame PRS (and probably you lot too!). Before, I had a number of dodgy, fairly cheap guitars, some of which played like a bag of spanners. Being classy is a new experience ;)

I always ask the weight, due to sciatica and herniated disc. 8lbs or less (+/- a few ounces) is a MUST for me. But hey, I’m VERY fussy! :D

Just weighed this today in part due to memory of this thread: 8.6 pounds! I’ll pardon it since it’s one of only two PRS ever with a solid African Blackwood neck (specific gravity density of 1.08 per wood database) ;)
WYbDuOc.jpg

Back