Advice :) WHICH PRS ? -- PRS SECU24 , PRS SE 25th ANNIVERSARY CU24 or...

Some people spend their entire life trying to find the "one" guitar. Some find it, some don't.

You have to start somewhere and to start with qood quality is the better idea, when possible.

These are truly inpiring words...

Just last question about manufacture dates , I've seen SECU24 with blade switches are latest but in the store I'm looking SECU24's are have toggle switch...Whats the difference between them ? Any major things ?
I've seen the tuning problem in the nut , is that a common thing ?

These are truly inpiring words...

Just last question about manufacture dates , I've seen SECU24 with blade switches are latest but in the store I'm looking SECU24's are have toggle switch...Whats the difference between them ? Any major things ?
I've seen the tuning problem in the nut , is that a common thing ?

Too much worrying about it brother. Just roll with it and deal with what comes down in the future. Use powdered graphite in the nut, available at hardware stores. Trem works great. Great guitar period. You have to make a decision and move with it. I would not expect any problems to come down that you can not deal with very easily. Move forward man. Good luck.

Too much worrying about it brother. Just roll with it and deal with what comes down in the future. Use powdered graphite in the nut, available at hardware stores. Trem works great. Great guitar period. You have to make a decision and move with it. I would not expect any problems to come down that you can not deal with very easily. Move forward man. Good luck.

Yeah I think I want thing perfect and dont want to struggle with the troubles if I have to face , thats why I'm wondering if any difference between the different manufacturing date guitars...

IMO, Schecters are great in their own ways, and they are what they are. The OE6 are nice guitars for what they're priced at. PRS SEs however, feel more solid in my personal experience. I've also seriously considered about getting an OE6 myself as a backup/separate guitar for lower tunings since like Soul Power said, they're affordable but offers you plenty of nice stuff. But, I always just go back to my SE, play it and then tell myself how lucky am I to have it.

Here's how I'd put it if I were to get both when I'm starting out:

For first "real" guitar: PRS SE
For 2nd guitar down the road: Schecter

IMO, Schecters are great in their own ways, and they are what they are. The OE6 are nice guitars for what they're priced at. PRS SEs however, feel more solid in my personal experience. I've also seriously considered about getting an OE6 myself as a backup/separate guitar for lower tunings since like Soul Power said, they're affordable but offers you plenty of nice stuff. But, I always just go back to my SE, play it and then tell myself how lucky am I to have it.

Here's how I'd put it if I were to get both when I'm starting out:

For first "real" guitar: PRS SE
For 2nd guitar down the road: Schecter

I've been divorced now for a few years and my fiancée that I live with wants me to buy real nice guitars. She has even bought me some really nice guitars, including an American made one for 1400, and some other real nice guitars. She even helped me buy my new PRS SE Santana about a month and a half ago.

So, my opinion is if you don't have someone holding you down to some foolish limit, save your money and get a real decent guitar like any of those PRS SE's.

I like the new PRS SE Custom 24 with the beveled edges and I wouldn't mind the five way switch at all. I like the bevel.

Last edited:
I've been divorced now for a few years and my fiancée that I live with wants me to buy real nice guitars. She has even bought me some really nice guitars, including an American made one for 1400, and some other real nice guitars. She even helped me buy my new PRS SE Santana about a month and a half ago.

So, my opinion is if you don't have someone holding you down to some foolish limit, save your money and get a real decent guitar like any of those PRS SE's.

I like the new PRS SE Custom 24 with the beveled edges and I wouldn't mind the five way switch at all. I like the bevel.

Problem is cant find the newest PRS SE Custom 24's...All the products I have looked has the toggle switch and they're the old ones.Hopefully I'll find one that I fall in love...

Back