A Real Tearjerker.

Tragic!! Yikes!! Are two words that come to mind, but then I try and find the positives. Can't find any . Honestly it would be a awesome PTC project!!

Burn it! burn it! The abomination must be destroyed!

Sob...so sad to see such alterations...and not exactly gracefully executed...

:bawling:

I cannot figure out which one of the Ripley clones in Alien Resurrection it reminds me most of...but if you concentrate on the listing long enough, you can almost hear it say "kill me...kill me..."

Very sad...

I can't understand what the guy was thinking. There are so many questions surrounding this, but the one that bugs me the most is this: why did he drill four new holes for the tremolo cover in between the original holes? The rest of it is equally idiotic, but that one detail has no rational explanation. It needs to be rescued. Even replacing the Floyd would be an improvement.

It's not a Standard, anyway. It was a Custom, since it has a maple top.

It'd be interesting to see what the PTC could do with it.

I can't understand what the guy was thinking. There are so many questions surrounding this, but the one that bugs me the most is this: why did he drill four new holes for the tremolo cover in between the original holes? The rest of it is equally idiotic, but that one detail has no rational explanation. It needs to be rescued. Even replacing the Floyd would be an improvement.

Not to mention the two extra holes outside the tremolo cover, with no apparent purpose...

. "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. "

[FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]I don't think that's how it was intended [/FONT]

MAAAAAN do I wish I had the scratch to buy that, and it was a little more reasonably priced. Looks JUST up my alley. I'd put the floyd back on it while I decided whether to 'fix' it.
Shame its an '86 done that way though

That's a player for sure! The good news is, nobody ever ruined the neck by installing a locking nut to match the floyd. For those with the means and motivation, I can think of a couple different ways to restore that beauty.

Ummm, "not bangin'?"

9b44b93c-be61-4f5f-9efc-12b1af858db5.jpg

Back