Fake 7 string on eBay.

The crazy thing is that this seller has a good reputation on eBay. Over 100 deals done, with only positive feedback, both as a buyer and a seller. But then he/she clearly lies about buying this from sweetwater. Can’t even claim ignorance, just a straight-up dishonest person. So messed up.

Guy told me he’d take it down:

Thanks mate. And ya long story short friend posted it on my account and I don’t know much about guitars but first message about it being counterfeit I reached out to PRS but haven’t heard back so I left it up thinking it would only take a couple days for them to get back with me. Now it’s to close to auction end I’m just going to remove it because I don’t want to ruin rep, get stuck with bill, and severely piss someone off.​

Guy told me he’d take it down:

Thanks mate. And ya long story short friend posted it on my account and I don’t know much about guitars but first message about it being counterfeit I reached out to PRS but haven’t heard back so I left it up thinking it would only take a couple days for them to get back with me. Now it’s to close to auction end I’m just going to remove it because I don’t want to ruin rep, get stuck with bill, and severely piss someone off.​
He may have marked it as sold, just to deflect anymore interest.

I also got in touch with the seller. He did the right thing. I think he was genuinely unaware that it was fake. Selling it for a friend who told him it was real. Nice “friend”.

Back