A question about the Reclaimed Wood Limited Series

See post #9, this thread.

I know they usually do not, but I was asking about this specific reclaimed model as it is a Special and limited edition with special things as using Special wood and being semi-hollow.

I understand is same thing as for what you are saying?

Thanks!

Core and CE models built on one line.
S2 models built on a different line.
Private Stock built in a third area.
SEs inspected in a fourth area.
Amps built in a fifth area.
Acoustics in a sixth area.

All in the same building.

There is sharing when it comes to some finishing and spraying and some final assembly. There is sharing for wood drying. Pups and electronics and drop-ins are co-located. Only one shipping area.

But there are building jigs specific to model types and necks. It would make no sense to move them around the factory floor just because a different wood is being used.

CEs and S2s take a wildly different path at the beginning.

I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. But I've lost count of how many times I've visited the factory.

...and we are not talking about a Chevrolet factory here. PRS is the Ferrari of Guitars. They are all in one building that is very neat and organized with sections for specialities. An S2 is no less a USA PRS than a Private Stock.

Last edited:
That is an amazing piece of info. Thank you so much. Tomorrow I will be getting my reclaimed CE. Will be posting pictures in the forum. Looking forward!

Back