A message to Paul from a Left handed guitarist

taresushant

This message is meant for Paul himself as a request from one of the long-time admirers of PRS guitars ~>

Dear Paul,

I am Sushant Tare and writing to you today with a request on behalf of left-handed guitarists. I grew up in India dreaming about owing a PRS guitar someday but things were very difficult to begin with. There was no availability of branded left handed guitars in India since (this might sound familiar) there was no demand for them at all, and the dealers did not find it profitable to order in a left handed guitar of any brand. I started off with a custom made Les Paul copy as my first guitar.

When I came to the United States for my graduate studies, I was excited that I will be able to now own branded left handed guitars and mainly a PRS guitar. When I started working and collected enough money to buy a PRS guitar, I found that there were no left handed offerings available. There was a limited run of the Custom 24 in 2012 and now even though I have the money to afford a high price-point PRS guitar, I cannot buy one since the left-overs from the 2012 batch are no longer available in my preferred color/finish, which means that I am forced to compromise on the color and finish of the greatest guitar I had wished I could own someday and also pass on to someone special someday. This was something I had never expected here in the United States, the land of opportunity for everyone.

So here is my request:
I have an MBA in the Demand/Supply arena myself and I understand it does not make any business sense to manufacture left handed guitars with little or no demand and with high demand variability if there is demand at all. Also, most of your left handed guitar demand is killed off by the non-availability of an affordable price point guitar (like the SE or S2 series). But I implore you to think about this from your heart as a musician more than a businessman.

It is my sincere request to you to start offering left handed PRS guitars on an on-demand basis (not like the private stock offering with high customization but your standard configuration by guitar line e.g.: Custom 24, SE series, S2 series, 408, etc.). You could allow left handed guitarists to place an order and pay up-front with a higher than usual lead time depending on whether the ordered guitar is the Korean made SE series or the Maryland made core PRS guitars or the S2 series. I firmly believe that offering the left handed guitarists this choice would 1) help you re-assess the demand, and 2) make us feel that PRS cares about all guitarists and wants to maintain its vision and mission to provide great guitars to all players.

Dear Paul, I sincerely hope you receive this email and that you will act on my request. I am fairly confident that you will think about this not only from a business perspective but think from the heart of a musician. I have included my contact information below, so please feel free to contact me if you wish to.

Thank you for your contribution to the world of music with some of the finest guitars ever made.

Best Regards,

Sushant Tare

Thanks everyone :). I will contact Vic.

For all other Lefties -
www.musicstorelive.com does a limited run of PRS guitars every year at price point close to the retail PRS 'Made in Maryland' guitars. I contacted them this week and they said they were pretty sure PRS will do a lefty version for them.

I have not heard from them as of yet, but I will post an update here as soon as I do. One of their guys was visiting PRS wood library on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my dream PRS \m/

Finally got my dream guitar!!! Lefty PRS Custom24 in Blood Orange...............Thanks Paul!!!!

10268520_10154148532860424_3723910213976293911_n.jpg

10175988_10154148533220424_910240175096925310_n.jpg

970201_10154148533285424_7131489207295335773_n.jpg

Congrats, that is simply beautiful!!! Glad to hear you got your dream guitar, it's a feeling that I think many of us have had (some more than others - lookin' at you Markie :tongue:) and it's a high all of it's own. I dig the strap, too...enjoy it and welcome to the forum!!!!

Back