A fundamental WHY

In the case of the iPhone, it's not the strings but the magnetic field that you are affecting.
Please, please, do some research first on how all this works before doing any experiments.

Then again this could be a very good trolling attempt.

The audio from an iPhone is affecting the magnetic field? Directly?

Go ahead, you got my attention. 'Splain that...

bc39a5b33ce6753b990f667cdc5cea8f9a473e69

Think about what's an an iPhone, 2 speakers, magnets, microphone. So if you put the speakers or even earbuds by a pickup it effects the magnetic field. Cover the strings with a cloth and you still get sound, but move the speakers away from the pickup and the sound goes away.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vyrZp-5j4OI[/video]

just remember, I'm not an electrical engineer, but I am a French model, so for engineering information I suggest visiting a good martial arts forum. ;)

just remember, I'm not an electrical engineer, but I am a French model, so for engineering information I suggest visiting a good martial arts forum. ;)

Huh - I would have thought, as a French model, when you wanted engineering info you'd go to a model train forum.

But I'm getting sidetracked.

Think about what's an an iPhone, 2 speakers, magnets, microphone. So if you put the speakers or even earbuds by a pickup it effects the magnetic field. Cover the strings with a cloth and you still get sound, but move the speakers away from the pickup and the sound goes away.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vyrZp-5j4OI[/video]

My popcorn is getting cold.....

And it may get colder as I'm heading out to a BBQ. ;)

Just a FYI, I passed The Ask Dr Science Official National Science Test with flying colors.

Huh - I would have thought, as a French model, when you wanted engineering info you'd go to a model train forum.
No, that's for the Swedish Bikini team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back