A few CE24 questions

jds22

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. :D

Quick intro, owned and gigged with a CE22 back in the late 90's. I don't gig anymore and have no plans to any time soon, I'm just a basement player these days.

I don't have any PRS guitars at the moment but have been eying the new CE24s and the Custom 24s but have a few questions.

1. Is the wood used in a CE the same quality as the Custom? I assume it is.
2. Can a CE be ordered thru a dealer with a special color? Specifically blood orange.

I have a thing for orange guitars. My CE22 was orange. That's one of the main reasons I'm considering a Custom. The Custom 24 in blood orange is awesome.

If they come out with an orange CE, I'm all over it.

Thanks

1. The wood is of the same quality for tone, but not for flame. The bevel is more basic as well but still attractive.
2. The colors offered on the website are the only ones you can order, but sometimes retailors will do a run of special colors. You can call around and see if there is one considering a special run of CE's and try to get a blood orange put in the order. Kind of a long shot but it does happen at times.

The Cu24 will sound different than the CE. You should call around and see what you can do before settling (unless you want the Custom 24 and would not be settling).

There are tons of limited run colors available on Reverb from various dealers, particularly things like quilt tops.

Thanks for the replies. I've seen some of those on Reverb, just not orange.
I've seen some older CEs like what I had in orange but I'd prefer to buy new or maybe only a few years old this time around.

Back