40th Anniversary Model Speculation/Wish List?

MarcWink

Given that some Q3/Q4 releases have been teased (i.e. Lefty SE Zach Meyers and Silver Sky), I'd imagine that we'll see something about 40th Anniversary models in the coming weeks or months. So, what do we think? Will it be more like the 35th Anniversary where we got just an Anniversary version of the Custom 24 which wound up turning into the revised version of the Custom 24-08? Will it be more like the 20th, 25th, and 30th anniversaries where there were little aesthetic flourishes across the entirety of the range?

If we're talking wish list, I'd like to see a Custom 24 with winged phase 1 tuners, a rotary selector and a sweet switch, perhaps the old style birds like what was on the 35th anniversary, perhaps give a Pattern Regular neck option as well?

Not sure why they are talking about new se models that will take 4-6 months to build. I kinda wish they had things ready to ship and then give updates on releases. I’m still amazed it takes 8 months for a new silver sky color.

Not sure why they are talking about new se models that will take 4-6 months to build. I kinda wish they had things ready to ship and then give updates on releases. I’m still amazed it takes 8 months for a new silver sky color.

I'm guessing preorders. It's a good way to gauge interest and find out how many of the "if you make a lefty version, I'm there" people are going to put up their money.

I would love to see another run with the "birds in flight" inlays like the 20th Anniversary had. Maybe with silver or gold outlines.

I'm guessing preorders. It's a good way to gauge interest and find out how many of the "if you make a lefty version, I'm there" people are going to put up their money.

Yup. It's the dealers that are the customers. The more interest, the more early orders they place.

V ;)

Explorer ;)

Modern Eagle 2 With \M/ Pickups And 12th Fret Eagle And Mini Birds Throughout he Rest Of The Board

Custom 24 Fatback, Fixed Bridge, Fat Neck With No Mini Toggles Or Blade Switches

Tremonti With A Fat Neck...Bring Back The OG Please (White With Black Binding And Black Hardware)

McCarty Ted With No Binding Or Bone Nut And No Kluson Type Tuners....Go With The Regular PRS Tuners And Some Cool Buttons And Stunning Inlays (Lotus Would Be Great) :)

I forgot one item, perhaps on the Custom 24, a TCI version of the Standard Treble and Standard Bass that were originally used up until they were replaced by the HFS and Vintage Bass.

I wanted a bolt on neck , non curly maple top, and abalone birds. Oh wait, they have already built it, and it is in my lounge room right now.

My pure speculation:
S2 594 semihollows.
CEs with American tremolos. Probably gen 2.
Cores custom 24 with 20th anny birds and new pickups.

Back