305 to 513

hammeron

Can a 305 me converted to a 513? I realize that it might not exactly be aesthetically perfect (like the pickup routing) but I have a 305 Alder body that I really love and if it had humbucker options, it would be perfect

I'm pretty PTC would do it
BUT
I am thinking it would be cheaper to buy a 513

I like the Alder body and the maple neck of my 305. An alternative might be a Swamp Ash 513, but they're pretty hard to come by.

IF you REALLY wanted to make it a 513, you have more work to be done with "electronics" than just installing the humbucking capability. I would seriously look for a real 513,

I think a slanted 513 bridge pickup would be really cool... And leave the rest of the guitar as is...

Second the swampy 513... Find one used if you can...killer axes!!

I DID!!! I Found a swampy 513...and I am in love. Holly crap, the range of tones on this thing is like having a guitar playin' genie in a bottle. And I've had a 513 M before, but it wasn't like this. I'll post pics soon. Thanks for the advice. :beer: :rock:

Here it is. I'm loving this darling more and more every day.

513%20full.jpg

I found the Swampy to not be as warm as the Alder, but just about as bright. Glad you are happy. They are like the history of the Swamp Ash Special in one guitar.

I found the Swampy to not be as warm as the Alder, but just about as bright. Glad you are happy. They are like the history of the Swamp Ash Special in one guitar.

Yea, I would agree with that assessment. Who knows, I might keep the 305 as well ;)

Back